* Org-mode 4.45
@ 2006-08-23 10:47 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-08-23 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have released org-mode 4.45.  Unfortunately, this version is only
available on the web.  It is not in Emacs CVS because I have again been
asked to not add any new features there until the Emacs 22 release.  I
know we have been there in the past - we will see how this goes this
time around.

Anyway, the new release is only at

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org

Here are the changes.

Version 4.45
    - Checkbox lists can show statistics about checked items.
      Thanks to Eddward DeVilla for the idea.
      If you have a long checkbox list, or a hierarchy of them,
      you can now automatically display information about what
      fraction of these items have been checked.  For details,
      see section 5.5 of the manual for details.

      http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.html#Checkboxes

    - C-TAB will cycle the visibility of archived subtrees.

    - Bux fixes.

Enjoy

- Carsten

* Re: Org-mode 4.45
@ 2006-08-25  7:25 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-08-25  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 23, 2006, at 12:47, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have released org-mode 4.45.

[...]

> Version 4.45
>    - Checkbox lists can show statistics about checked items.
>      Thanks to Eddward DeVilla for the idea.
>      If you have a long checkbox list, or a hierarchy of them,
>      you can now automatically display information about what
>      fraction of these items have been checked.  For details,
>      see section 5.5 of the manual for details.

It turns out that this feature does not work properly with Emacs 21.
Everything is fine in Emacs 22, and also in XEmacs.  In Emacs 21, if
(part of) the checkboxes are hidden through outline, they will not be
correctly taken into account for the calculation.  Very likely, I am
not going to fix this for Emacs 21 (because is is not so easy to do),
so if you want to use this feature, this might be a good time to get
your Emacs 22 CVS version.  It is very stable already, and I can assure
you that you will not regret upgrading.

- Carsten