* Ted Roden: Re: message: links
@ 2008-05-05 22:57 Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2008-05-05 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ted seems to have meant to copy the list, but since he didn't, I am taking
the liberty of forwarding his message.

Nick

Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 17:57:48 -0400

> I think you should read the "Adding hyperlink types" appendix in the
> Org
> manual.

Awesome, thanks for pointing that out. The documentation available
inside emacs was for an old installation of org-mode and it doesn't
appear to have that section. I was able to find that section on the
site though.

In case anyone else wants it, I just added the following code to
my  .emacs file and it works like a charm now. Keep in mind, this will
probably only work on a mac (I'm using the "open" command).

(require 'org)
(org-add-link-type "message" 'org-message-open)

(defun org-message-open (path)
   "Open message:// links in the registered mail reader on a mac."
   (shell-command (concat "open message:" path)))

------- End of Forwarded Message

* Re: Ted Roden: Re: message: links
@ 2008-05-06  7:20 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-06  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)