* Suggestion for work-time summary in the weekly/daily agenda
@ 2006-12-04 10:34 Kennet Backman
From: Kennet Backman @ 2006-12-04 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

All.

I've been using org-mode for a while now. I use it mainly for
TODO-lists, scheduling meetings and as a time reporting tool. At work
I report time spent per project on a weekly basis. I also sign off on
total time spent every day at the end of each month.

Currently, I use the clocktable for this which works good for the
weekly report since it's per project (I have each project i a separate
.org file). It is harder to get a daily total time. I guess it's
possible to solve my problem using clocktables and some work but since
this is the absolutely least enjoyable part of my work I would like to
spend as little time doing it as possible.

So, I propose an agenda buffer command for showing a work time summary
in the weekly and daily agenda. Turning on this functionality would
show a summary. Example:

Day-agenda:
Friday     1 December 2006
               8:00...... ----------------
              10:00...... ----------------
  project1:11:07...... Clocked:    TODO This, that and the other
              12:00...... ----------------
  project2:13:40...... Clocked:    Meeting with CBS executives
              18:00...... ----------------
              20:00...... ----------------

Work-time summary:
project1: 0:53
project2: 1:00
Total: 1:53

This would make it quick to browse through every day (or week) and get
the time totals (or to check when it's time to call it a day).

If there is some other way to achieve something similiar with existing
functionality, hints are welcome.

Cheers,
Kennet Bäckman

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-12-04 10:34 UTC | newest]