* org-link-set-parameters :complete how to prompt for description?
@ 2020-08-26 15:29 TRS-80
From: TRS-80 @ 2020-08-26 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Good day, everyone!

I have been trying to create a new custom link type with
org-link-set-parameters, which in turn calls functions for the various
"methods" (for lack of a better term), like so:

   (org-link-set-parameters "zdlink"
			   :complete  #'my-zetteldeft-org-complete-link
			   :follow    #'my-zetteldeft-org-follow-link
			   :help-echo #'my-zetteldeft-org-help-echo
			   :store     #'my-zetteldeft-org-store-link)

The only one I seem to be having trouble with is :complete.  I can get
it to
prompt me for completing-read, and it returns the link portion only, but
how
to get it to also prompt for a description?  Here is my :complete
function:

   (defun my-zetteldeft-org-complete-link ()
	"Link completion for Org zdlink type links"
	(let* ((file (completing-read "File to link to: "
		  (deft-find-all-files-no-prefix)))
	   (link (zetteldeft--lift-id file)))
    (unless link (user-error "No file selected"))
    (concat "zdlink:" link)))

I searched the Internet, this mailing list archives, etc. high and low,
all
to no avail.  So I decide to join the mailing list today.  Probably long
overdue anyway.  :)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
TRS-80