* not showing DONE items in weekly/daily agenda
@ 2006-11-26 22:42 Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte @ 2006-11-26 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Apologies in advance, because I am sure this info is available, but
I've been searching the manual, the FAQ, the customizations, and the
email list, and I can't find it:

when I do C-a a (for the weekly/daily agenda), how can I prevent the
DONE (but scheduled or with deadline) items from being shown?

In fact, from a previous posting in the emai list
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/105/match=done+agenda
I get the impression that scheduled, but done, should not show by
default in the agenda view.

Thanks,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Statistical Computing Team

* Re: not showing DONE items in weekly/daily agenda
@ 2006-11-27  8:35 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-11-27  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Items that are DONE still show up on the day when they were scheduled.
But they are not being carried over to the next day as being overdue.

Does  that need to be an option?

- Carsten

On Nov 26, 2006, at 23:42, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:

> Apologies in advance, because I am sure this info is available, but
> I've been searching the manual, the FAQ, the customizations, and the
> email list, and I can't find it:
>
> when I do C-a a (for the weekly/daily agenda), how can I prevent the
> DONE (but scheduled or with deadline) items from being shown?
>
> In fact, from a previous posting in the emai list
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/105/match=done+agenda
> I get the impression that scheduled, but done, should not show by
> default in the agenda view.
>
> Thanks,
>
> R.
>
> --
> Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
> Statistical Computing Team
> Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme
> Spanish National Cancer Centre (CNIO)
> http://ligarto.org/rdiaz

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: not showing DONE items in weekly/daily agenda
@ 2006-11-27 10:13   ` Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte @ 2006-11-27 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 11/27/06, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Items that are DONE still show up on the day when they were scheduled.
> But they are not being carried over to the next day as being overdue.

Yes, they are not carried to the next day, but they are shown (with a
different color) in the agenda.

> Does  that need to be an option?

Maybe its just me, but it is easier for me to glance at the agenda and
have listed only things that I need to do, not those done. If things
that are done are shown, its like I need to do kind of a mental grep
to filter those out.

R.

--

@ 2006-11-27 13:30   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-11-27 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Items that are DONE still show up on the day when they were
> scheduled.  But they are not being carried over to the next day as
> being overdue.

> Does  that need to be an option?

That would be useful indeed.

--
Bastien

* Re: not showing DONE items in weekly/daily agenda
@ 2006-11-27 21:42     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-11-27 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte, Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 27, 2006, at 14:30, Bastien wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> Items that are DONE still show up on the day when they were
>> scheduled.  But they are not being carried over to the next day as
>> being overdue.
>
>> Does  that need to be an option?
>
> That would be useful indeed.

This will be

   (setq org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)

in org-mode 4.57.

- Carsten

* Re: not showing DONE items in weekly/daily agenda
@ 2006-11-28  1:26       ` Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte @ 2006-11-28  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 11/27/06, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2006, at 14:30, Bastien wrote:
>
> > Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
> >
> >> Items that are DONE still show up on the day when they were
> >> scheduled.  But they are not being carried over to the next day as
> >> being overdue.
> >
> >> Does  that need to be an option?
> >
> > That would be useful indeed.
>
> This will be
>
>    (setq org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
>
> in org-mode 4.57.

Thnaks!!! that is great!

R.