* Loop Bug
@ 2006-10-25 17:54 Ryan M. Golbeck
From: Ryan M. Golbeck @ 2006-10-25 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Has anyone every encountered a problem where org-mode goes into some
modify loop in emacs?

I am having a problem that when I expand some subtree (with TAB), the
buffer gets modified, and emacs seems to go into a loop.  If I save
the buffer, it immediately gets modified again (the ** shows up in the
modeline).  Switching to another buffer seems to break it out of this
loop.

I've attached an org file that I encounter this problem on.

[-- Attachment #2: gtd.org --]

#+STARTUP: overview
#+TAGS: { @school(s) @home(h) @computer(c) @any(a) }
#+TYP_TODO: TODO NEXT WAITING SOMEDAY DONE
#+TAGS: Gregor(G) Igor(I) project(p)
#+STARTUP: hidestars

* Personal
** NEXT Talk to canaccord, see what's up 	:@home:
   I need to find out who's managing my account now.
** Website 					:project:
*** Blog 					:project:
*** NEXT Choose website management software (wiki?)
* Bikes
** Vanbike website 				:project:
*** DONE find good drupal theme 		:@computer:
    CLOSED: [2006-10-06 Fri 08:11]
    It seems as though the CivicSpace theme would be the best starting
    point for this.  But, it doesn't work with the latest version of
    drupal yet.
** NEXT bike insurance 				:@home:
** lht
*** TODO put info card in seat tube 		:@home:
*** TODO water bottle 				:@home:
** cross check
*** TODO put info card in seat tube 		:@home:
** urbanite
*** TODO put info card in seat tube 		:@home:

The problem happens if I expand the subtree "Bikes".

org-version is 4.52
emacs-version is 22.0.50.4

Thanks for any help!
ryan

* Re: Loop Bug
@ 2006-10-25 19:44 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2006-10-25 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

rmgolbec@cs.ubc.ca (Ryan M. Golbeck) writes:

> Has anyone every encountered a problem where org-mode goes into some
> modify loop in emacs?
>
> I am having a problem that when I expand some subtree (with TAB), the
> buffer gets modified, and emacs seems to go into a loop.  If I save
> the buffer, it immediately gets modified again (the ** shows up in the
> modeline).  Switching to another buffer seems to break it out of this
> loop.
>
> I've attached an org file that I encounter this problem on.
>

> The problem happens if I expand the subtree "Bikes".
>
> org-version is 4.52
> emacs-version is 22.0.50.4

Hey, I'm using org 4.52 as well as emacs 22.0.50, and it works fine for me.

Sorry I can't break it as well...

Dave

* Re: Loop Bug
@ 2006-10-27 10:11 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-10-27 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan M. Golbeck; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The was a snapshot of Emacs (few weeks ago) which had problems like
this, due to some bad code in the font-lock or a related package.  As
far as I know, the latest Emacs version does no longer have this bug.

- Carsten

On Oct 25, 2006, at 19:54, Ryan M. Golbeck wrote:

> Has anyone every encountered a problem where org-mode goes into some
> modify loop in emacs?
>
> I am having a problem that when I expand some subtree (with TAB), the
> buffer gets modified, and emacs seems to go into a loop.  If I save
> the buffer, it immediately gets modified again (the ** shows up in the
> modeline).  Switching to another buffer seems to break it out of this
> loop.
>
> I've attached an org file that I encounter this problem on.
>
> <gtd.org>
> The problem happens if I expand the subtree "Bikes".
>
> org-version is 4.52
> emacs-version is 22.0.50.4
>
> Thanks for any help!
> ryan