* Feature Request: horizontal split for agenda view
@ 2008-05-13 12:17 Jan Rehders
From: Jan Rehders @ 2008-05-13 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

on widescreen displays splitting the window vertically for `org-
agenda' will use the screen space inefficiently. An option to use
horizontal split windows would be nice. I tried to hack this together
myself but could not figure out where the splitting happened. Any
pointers would be appreciated (and simply adding it to org-mode would
be appreciated even more :)).

greetings,
Jan

* Re: Feature Request: horizontal split for agenda view
@ 2008-05-14  4:19 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-14  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Rehders; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jan,

the splitting happens in the function org-prepare-agenda in the file
org-agenda.el.

- Carsten

@ 2008-05-14  9:30 ` Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-05-14  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Rehders; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jan Rehders <cmdkeen@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> on widescreen displays splitting the window vertically for `org-
> agenda' will use the screen space inefficiently. An option to use
> horizontal split windows would be nice. I tried to hack this together
> myself but could not figure out where the splitting happened. Any
> pointers would be appreciated (and simply adding it to org-mode would
> be appreciated even more :)).
>
> greetings,
> Jan

FWIW, you can define your own function and use
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ToggleWindowSplit

      Paul

* Re: Feature Request: horizontal split for agenda view
@ 2008-05-16 17:52   ` Jan Rehders
From: Jan Rehders @ 2008-05-16 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

for future reference here is my solution:

;; patch org mode to use vertical splitting
(defadvice org-prepare-agenda (after org-fix-split)
   (toggle-window-split))
(ad-activate 'org-prepare-agenda)

Using the `toggle-window-split' from http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ToggleWindowSplit

Thanks to both of you for your help :)

Jan

* Re: Re: Feature Request: horizontal split for agenda view
@ 2008-05-16 21:03     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-16 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Rehders; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jan,