* org-mode + ? (maybe mtsend.py) = weblog-editor
@ 2006-10-17 23:37 Philipp Raschdorff
From: Philipp Raschdorff @ 2006-10-17 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hello,

is somebody using emacs + org.mode to publish to a wordpress-blog?

My Idea:

* BLOG-IT: This is the headline
header information about category, if comments are enabled or not etc.
(like it is described in the [documentation for mtsend.py](http://
scott.yang.id.au/2002/12/mtsendpy/)

Main-Text
---

A more detailed information about the syntax can be found on the
mtsend.py website.

About mtsend,py (it works also for wordpress blogs :-):
"It uses XML-RPC exported by Movable Type to retrieve posts, edit
posts, make new post entry, fix up categories and list recent posts,
etc. It is a command line tool, i.e. no graphical user interface, but
it is relatively easy to use."

Would be nice to have an org-mode enabled weblog-editor, but even
witout using org-mode, I didn't find a solution for emacs + x =
wordpress-blog-editor.

I've the feeling that it could be possible to use mtsend.py and emacs
(+ orgmode?) to post to a wordpress blog, but unfortunaly I'm <del>to
dumb</del> a newbie when it comes emacs programming.

Any Ideas? Somebody already using emacs and/or orgmode as a weblog-
editor?

P h i l

* Re: org-mode + ? (maybe mtsend.py) = weblog-editor
@ 2006-10-18  8:59 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-10-18  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Philipp Raschdorff <p.raschdorff@macnews.de> writes:

> is somebody using emacs + org.mode to publish to a wordpress-blog?

I'm not, but i'm sure such an interface could be written - well, easy
to say, isn't it ?

> Any Ideas? Somebody already using emacs and/or orgmode as a weblog-
> editor?

I've written org-blogging.el. Maybe you can give it a try and send me
some report about what should be done/fixed - i don't have that much
time for now, but it's not abandon-ware:

<http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/org-blogging.html>

You can also find some useful blogging tool on David's page :

<http://dto.freeshell.org/notebook/OrgMode.html>

Hope this helps,

--
Bastien

* Re: org-mode + ? (maybe mtsend.py) = weblog-editor
@ 2006-10-18 21:12   ` Philipp Raschdorff
From: Philipp Raschdorff @ 2006-10-18 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> Phil: is somebody using emacs + org.mode to publish to a wordpress-
>> blog?
>>
> Bastien: I'm not, but i'm sure such an interface could be written -
> well, easy
> to say, isn't it ?

That's what I was thinking - but who's willing to do it? :-)

> Bastien: I've written org-blogging.el. Maybe you can give it a try
> and send me
> some report about what should be done/fixed
> <http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/org-blogging.html>

I'll take a look at it - seems to be cool, but this blog is lacking
some functions like trackbacks, comments etc.

What I wante(ed) is "something" that can post to a wordpress blog,
not exactly the same.

P hil