* Testers needed
@ 2008-03-24 17:39 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-24 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

in the past few days I have started to split a few of the major
subsystems of org-mode
out of org.el, to make things more modular, and for better overview
when working on
a subsystem.

I have just pushed a new branch into the git repo, the branch is called

start-splitting-org.el

When you pull this branch from the git repo and switch to it, there
will be new files,
in particular

org-table.el    Contains almost the entire table code and variables
org-exp.el      Contains the entire exporter an its variables.

I have tried to make sure that these modules will be autoloaded when
needed,
and I hope that all necessary connections are there.  But I can only
be sure
if some people start using this along with me.

So if you like, please check out this branch, use it normally, and let
me know if you run into problems.

Thanks.

- Carsten

* Re: Testers needed
@ 2008-03-25 13:59 ` Thomas Baumann
From: Thomas Baumann @ 2008-03-25 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

just started playing with start-splitting (checked out a few minutes
ago), here are first results

C-cC-e in an org-file:

Symbol's function definition is void: org-export

unless org-exp is loaded explicitely.

M-x orgtbl-mode in a LaTeX-buffer

ad-handle-definition: `org-open-at-point' got redefined
call-interactively: Autoloading failed to define function orgtbl-mode

unless org-table is loaded explicitely.

Ciao
Thomas

* Re: Re: Testers needed
@ 2008-03-26 18:41   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-26 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Baumann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

the version where org.el is split needs to be installed properly,
In particular, you need to run "make" or at least "make org-install.el"
in order to produce the autoload file org-install.el.  And then you need
to load this file in .emacs with

(require 'org-install)

No need to do (require 'org).

- Carsten