* clocktable and ":step day" with: how to avoid tables with total time *0:00*
@ 2010-05-21 14:51 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2010-05-21 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all!

Creating clocktables for each day of a month is an excellent feature in org!
Problem for me is that many resulting tables have a total time of 0:00.
The problem is not really the zero time I spent but the appearance of the tables with zero total time.

Is there a possibility to skip getting such tables?
Rational: I do not need to show my boss or customer days where I spent 0:00 time on the project.

Anybody has the same requirement? How do others deal with this?

Rainer

* Re: clocktable and ":step day" with: how to avoid tables with total time *0:00*
@ 2010-05-22  6:19 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-22  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 21, 2010, at 4:51 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Creating clocktables for each day of a month is an excellent feature
> in org!
> Problem for me is that many resulting tables have a total time of
> 0:00.
> The problem is not really the zero time I spent but the appearance
> of the tables with zero total time.
>
> Is there a possibility to skip getting such tables?
> Rational: I do not need to show my boss or customer days where I
> spent 0:00 time on the project.

Hi Rainer,

if you pull, you can now do

     :stepskip0 t

in the definition line for the report.

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: clocktable and ":step day" with: how to avoid tables with total time *0:00*
@ 2010-05-24  8:59   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2010-05-24  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 22.05.2010 08:19, schrieb Carsten Dominik:

> On May 21, 2010, at 4:51 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Creating clocktables for each day of a month is an excellent feature
>> in org!
>> Problem for me is that many resulting tables have a total time of 0:00.
>> The problem is not really the zero time I spent but the appearance of
>> the tables with zero total time.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to skip getting such tables?
>> Rational: I do not need to show my boss or customer days where I spent
>> 0:00 time on the project.
>
> Hi Rainer,
>
> if you pull, you can now do
>
> :stepskip0 t
>
> in the definition line for the report.
>
> HTH
>
> - Carsten

Hi Carsten,

works perfectly! Excellent extension to report working hours of a project on a daily base.

I end up with something like:

Daily report: [2010-04-12 Mo]
| L | Headline     | Time   |
|---+--------------+--------|
|   | *Total time* | *3:00* |
|---+--------------+--------|

Daily report: [2010-04-15 Do]
| L | Headline     | Time   |
|---+--------------+--------|
|   | *Total time* | *8:15* |
|---+--------------+--------|

Daily report: [2010-04-16 Fr]
| L | Headline     | Time   |
|---+--------------+--------|
|   | *Total time* | *4:30* |
|---+--------------+--------|

I will probably have to write a macro to format this into something like:

| Daily reports   | *Total time* |
| [2010-04-20 Di] | *1:14*       |
| [2010-04-21 Mi] | *1:02*       |
| [2010-04-22 Do] | *4:30*       |
| [2010-04-23 Fr] | *6:20*       |

Any chance to get this done automatically in org?

again, Carsten, thanks for implementing the :stepskip0 parameter!

Best

- Rainer