* ox-latex: Is \uline really right for underlining?
@ 2013-12-11 14:21 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-12-11 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

org-latex-text-markup-alist is a variable defined in `ox-latex.el'.
Its value is ((bold . "\\textbf{%s}")
 (code . verb)
 (italic . "\\emph{%s}")
 (strike-through . "\\sout{%s}")
 (underline . "\\uline{%s}")
 (verbatim . protectedtexttt))

underline . "\\uline{%s}" -- According to [1],

~~
\uline
    Underlines text. Requires ulem package. See Formatting.
~~

Is "ulem" one of the LaTeX export default packages? I don't see that it is.
If not, should org's default underlining command depend on a package that
is not activated by default?

(There is no reference to -markup- anything in my .emacs, so I'm quite sure
I haven't customized this variable.)

hjh

[1] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Command_Glossary#U