From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Verbatim LaTeX inside delimiters in HTML export with jsMath?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 09:18:50 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi, Carsten,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

The patch does exactly what I hoped for: Allows one to set an option to
get LaTeX math passed verbatim into HTML for jsMath to process, while
keeping the use of the ^:t TeX:t options. I've tested it on various
documents.

I noticed the following behavior: A comment line starting with "#"
immediately before a \begin{equation} environment is passed verbatim as
well. I don't think it counts as a bug, since there should probably be a
blank line before \begin anyway.

I can now scrap the workaround I thought up last weekend, which involved
a preprocessing hook to put = signs or #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE blocks around
anything found by org-latex-regexps, and a postprocessing hook to get
rid of <PRE> tags in the HTML output. It worked, if inelegantly, but I
think it makes better sense to have the LaTeX:verbatim option built in.

Thanks!

I'll see about updating the Worg page -- but I'm a Git novice and will
be on a 56K modem for a bit, so it won't happen immediately.

Yours,
Christian