From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Verbatim LaTeX inside delimiters in HTML export with jsMath?
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:58:23 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi, Carsten,

Thanks for taking a look.

Your example should be output exactly the same as it is currently with
the =LaTeX:nil= option, i. e. verbatim:

  \begin{equation}
  a=b
  \end{equation}

- and this minimal example could be interpreted by jsMath without any
changes in Org-mode export, since it happens to contain no
sub/superscripts or entities.

What I'd like is for

  \begin{equation}
  \e=mc^2
  \end{equation}

to be output equally verbatim as

  \begin{equation}
  e=mc^2
  \end{equation}

*even when =^:t= is on*, so I could freely write e.g. m^2 in the text
and get it superscripted, but not get

  \begin{equation}
  e=mc<sup>2</sup>
  \end{equation}

In other words, to have my cake and eat it, too. I hope it's clearer now.

Yours,
Christian

--

Christian Moe