* Undoing from Org Done Notes
@ 2008-08-12 11:38 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2008-08-12 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I make quite extensive use of org's sequences, and make use of the
org-log-done features to prompt for a note when a task is closed.

My problem is that when reorganising I often push a sequence on to a
done state instead of switching sequences, i.e. I press S-<Right>
instead of C-S-<Right>.  When this happens a note window is popped up,
where by I am forced to press C-c C-k to close the note window, then I
need to press C-S-_ to undo the original change.

One thing I have noticed is that my reflex action upon seeing the Note
and realising that's not what I want, is to press undo at that point.
Rather than enter the mildly frustrating workflow above, would it be
possible to have undo close the note, and then revert the headline into
it's previous state, by calling undo again in the original buffer?

Obviously you'd only want this if the Org Note buffer didn't contain any
changes.  If it did, the stock undo behaviour makes sense, except when
you've made some changes and spent all your undo's, pressing undo again
might want to ask whether you want to close the note and revert the
state change in the previous buffer.

Does this make sense?

R.