* Help using %& in Remember Template
@ 2008-08-22 15:23 Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2008-08-22 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Following an earlier thread I am trying to get a remember template to
immediately save and then jump to the stored location. My template looks
like:

("Journal" ?j "* %^U :DIARY:\n\n  %i%&\n  %!"
"~/nfs/firewall/Documents/org/journal.org")

The problem is that the %& gets inserted literally in the saved note and
emacs doesn't jump to the target. I have experimented with placing %& in
different positions in the template with similar results. Can someone
point out what silly thing I am doing wrong?

I am using emacs 22.1.1 and org 6.03.

Ian.

* Re: Help using %& in Remember Template
@ 2008-08-22 19:19 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-08-22 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Barton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org> writes:

> Following an earlier thread I am trying to get a remember template to
> immediately save and then jump to the stored location. My template looks
> like:
>
> ("Journal" ?j "* %^U :DIARY:\n\n  %i%&\n  %!"
> "~/nfs/firewall/Documents/org/journal.org")
>
> The problem is that the %& gets inserted literally in the saved note and
> emacs doesn't jump to the target. I have experimented with placing %& in
> different positions in the template with similar results. Can someone
> point out what silly thing I am doing wrong?
>
> I am using emacs 22.1.1 and org 6.03.

This functionality was added in org 6.05.  Upgrading to a newer version
should fix it.

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Help using %& in Remember Template
@ 2008-08-23  7:30   ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2008-08-23  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org> writes:
>
>> Following an earlier thread I am trying to get a remember template to
>> immediately save and then jump to the stored location. My template looks
>> like:
>>
>> ("Journal" ?j "* %^U :DIARY:\n\n  %i%&\n  %!"
>> "~/nfs/firewall/Documents/org/journal.org")
>>
>> The problem is that the %& gets inserted literally in the saved note and
>> emacs doesn't jump to the target. I have experimented with placing %& in
>> different positions in the template with similar results. Can someone
>> point out what silly thing I am doing wrong?
>>
>> I am using emacs 22.1.1 and org 6.03.
>
> This functionality was added in org 6.05.  Upgrading to a newer version
> should fix it.

Thanks Bernt, that did indeed fix it.

Ian.