* Narrow to subtree and widen again - missing documentation
@ 2008-06-04 14:38 Harri Kiiskinen
From: Harri Kiiskinen @ 2008-06-04 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I just spent some time trying to find out, how to get back to the whole
buffer after having narrowed in to a subtree ('org-narrow-to-subtree',
C-x n s). I could not find any hints in the documentation as to how to
return to the whole buffer. A search of the mailing list hinted, that
the right word to use in this context might be "widen", and then I found
the corresponding function 'widen' with the key C-x n w. This does not
appear anywhere in the documentation (search through the one-page online
html does not find the word "widen" at all), nor on the reference card,
where a logical place for it would be after the narrow buffer -command
in "Structure Editing".
	I realise that this is not an Org-function, but a part of the Emacs
internals (I guess), but the documentation might still point to it.

But how do I clean the buffer after sparse tree by criteria -selection (
C-c / )?

Thanks for a wonderful productivity tool, though.

Harri K.

PS. Please include me in the replies, as I'm not a member of the list.