From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: Austin Frank <austin.frank@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: FR:  interactive todo creation with remember templates
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:33:48 +0100	[thread overview]

On Jan 22, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Austin Frank wrote:

> Hello again!
>
> I love all of the options that are available for inclusion in remember
> templates.  I've got templates for the kinds of tasks I create most
> often.  But sometimes I find myself saying "man, I wish I could just
> tack a %^G onto this template", or something similar.  These aren't
> task
> types that I use often enough to justify giving them their own
> templates, but I still want to have access to the features offered in
> remember templates.
>
> Would it be possible to build a single-use remember template through
> prompts at the minibuffer?

I am not yet convinced about how useful this would be.

First of all, "slapping on a %^G" means adding tags.  Since you
probably have %? in the headline of the template anyway, adding tags
is as simple as C-c C-c.... Ahm, no you are right it is not, because
we are
in a remember buffer after all.

Still, just adding % sequences does not really do it because
you still need to decide where the info should go.  So in the end, it
seems to me the the gain will be very minor.  Any other opinions?

- Carsten