* Completion of `*' gives wrong number of arguments
@ 2013-08-02 14:53 Dieter Wilhelm, H.
From: Dieter Wilhelm, H. @ 2013-08-02 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear (),

is the completion of an asterix `*' broken in the latest org or is it
my configuration?

(I'm sorry I still can't run a pristine Emacs -Q without loading the
old org mode)

Remark: It would be wonderful if the completion of headlines would
also work within C-c C-l...

Have a nice weekend
--
Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm

Darmstadt
Germany

* Re: Completion of `*' gives wrong number of arguments
@ 2013-09-02  6:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-02  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dieter; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Dieter,

On 2.8.2013, at 16:53, "Dieter Wilhelm, H." <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:

> Dear (),
>
> is the completion of an asterix `*' broken in the latest org or is it
> my configuration?

This was a bug in Org mode.  WOrks again now.

> (I'm sorry I still can't run a pristine Emacs -Q without loading the
> old org mode)
>
> Remark: It would be wonderful if the completion of headlines would
> also work within C-c C-l...

That would be a lot more work.

Regards

- Carsten

@ 2013-09-02 19:51   ` Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2013-09-02 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> Hi Dieter,
>
> On 2.8.2013, at 16:53, "Dieter Wilhelm, H." <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear (),
>>
>> is the completion of an asterix `*' broken in the latest org or is it
>> my configuration?
>
> This was a bug in Org mode.  WOrks again now.

Thanks a lot. The completion with C-M-i is now working but not from the
menu>: <menu-bar> <Org> <TODO Lists> <Select keyword><Complete Keyword>.

The last entry remains greyed...

>> (I'm sorry I still can't run a pristine Emacs -Q without loading the
>> old org mode)

Hmm, I figure that I just need to tell something like: emacs -Q --eval
'(add-to-list 'load-path "path/to/org-mode/source/dir")', right?

>> Remark: It would be wonderful if the completion of headlines would
>> also work within C-c C-l...
>
> That would be a lot more work.

OK :-|

--
   Dieter

--

@ 2013-09-02 21:00     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-02 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dieter Wilhelm; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 2.9.2013, at 21:51, Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Dieter,
>>
>> On 2.8.2013, at 16:53, "Dieter Wilhelm, H." <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear (),
>>>
>>> is the completion of an asterix `*' broken in the latest org or is it
>>> my configuration?
>>
>> This was a bug in Org mode.  WOrks again now.
>
> Thanks a lot. The completion with C-M-i is now working but not from the
> menu>: <menu-bar> <Org> <TODO Lists> <Select keyword><Complete Keyword>.
>
> The last entry remains greyed...

This is an unrelated bug.  And nobody would use the menu for this anyway, right?
I'll put this on my list of things to fix.

Thanks!

- Carsten