* Add seconds field in custom time stamps
@ 2013-05-15 12:29 Nicolas Bercher
From: Nicolas Bercher @ 2013-05-15 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm quite an emacs newbie but I'm using org-mode since
2 two years.

I'd like to get a higher resolution in time stamps by
adding "seconds" field (%S ?), to obtain something like
this:

   <2013-05-15 Wed 14:18:55>

or

   [2013-05-15 Wed 14:18:55]

But it seems not easy and might confuse, for example,
the rendering of dates within the Agenda (C-a a a).

I've tried to play around with org-time-stamp-custom-formats
without success.

Any pointer or something to start from?

Thanks,
Nicolas

* Re: Add seconds field in custom time stamps
@ 2013-08-09  9:48 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-08-09  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Bercher; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 15.5.2013, at 14:29, Nicolas Bercher <nbercher@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm quite an emacs newbie but I'm using org-mode since
> 2 two years.
>
> I'd like to get a higher resolution in time stamps by
> adding "seconds" field (%S ?), to obtain something like
> this:
>
>  <2013-05-15 Wed 14:18:55>
>
> or
>
>  [2013-05-15 Wed 14:18:55]
>
> But it seems not easy and might confuse, for example,
> the rendering of dates within the Agenda (C-a a a).
>
> I've tried to play around with org-time-stamp-custom-formats
> without success.
>
> Any pointer or something to start from?

Hi Nicolas,

Hmm, I think this would be really hard - the idea that we only have minute resolution is probably an implicit assumption for much code in Org.

I do not recomment to attempt to change this.

- Carsten