* timestamp rounding question.
@ 2008-03-28  4:55 Jose Robins
From: Jose Robins @ 2008-03-28  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Using org-mode 5.23a with emacs 22.1, I still don't see timestamprounding working during clock in/clock out (OR shift up/down on the timestamp).
Also, I'm slightly confused by an earlier thread we had on this subject. At that time I was using 5.20 (or 5.21, I don't remember) and it was mentioned that it would not be possible to do  rounding when inserting time. However the custom options for 5.23a show that there is a variable for rounding during time insertion as well as during time modification via the up/down key - my .emacs setting for this looks as follows...
 '(org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes (quote (5 5)))

However neither seem to have an effect...
Hmmm....

Jose

* Re: timestamp rounding question.
@ 2008-03-28 15:20 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-03-28 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose Robins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 28, 2008, at 5:55 AM, Jose Robins wrote:
> Using org-mode 5.23a with emacs 22.1, I still don't see timestamp
> rounding working during clock in/clock out

There is no rounding on clock-in and clockout, as we discussed in the
earlier thread.

There is rounding when you press S-up or S-down on the *minute* part
of a time stamp.  If the cursor is no any other part of the tie stamp,
that part will be changed and no rounding applied.

- Carsten

@ 2008-03-28 20:31   ` Jose Robins
From: Jose Robins @ 2008-03-28 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten,
I found out that when I use the **compiled** version of org.el, when I
try to do shift up/down on an inactive timestamp, I get an error with
the following backtrace...

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function signum)
  signum(-1)
  org-timestamp-change(-1)
  org-timestamp-down(1)
  call-interactively(org-timestamp-down)
  org-shiftdown(nil)
  call-interactively(org-shiftdown)

However, if I delete the .elc and after restarting emacs, the shift
up/down works perfectly.

I tried deleting all the .elcs in the directory and I recompiled org.el
from within emacs. but the problem still remains...
Any idea why this could be.

Thanks,
Jose

@ 2008-03-29  4:49     ` Carsten Dominik