* Strange key binding problem
@ 2008-08-31 20:35 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2008-08-31 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The keybinding for ESC right remains bound to forward-word even after

What am I doing wrong below?  I must be missing something obvious.

;;[emacs is carbon emacs 22 on mac os x tiger, which runs as gui]
;;[org is 6.06b]
;;emacs -q from the default terminal
;;eval the following forms using c-x c-e
(defun alpha-add-path (p) (setq load-path (cons p load-path)))
(alpha-add-path "[valid path]/org/lisp")
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
;;c-x c-f [myorgfile].org
;;result loads and colorizes correctly.  TAB works correctly for the mode.
;;m-x org-version
;;result "Org-mode version 6.06b"
;;c-h c ESC right
command forward-word"

* Re: Strange key binding problem
@ 2008-08-31 20:42 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2008-08-31 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This is the header to the org file, in case it matters.

#+LINK: goor http://www.google.com/search?q=%s
#default is item todo pri tags
#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM %10DEADLINE %SCHEDULED %TODO %TAGS %PRIORITY
##+STARTUP: showall

* Re: Strange key binding problem
@ 2008-09-02 19:07   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2008-09-02 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If I evaluate the following sexp in the org-mode buffer, should it
take effect?  It doesn't take effect for either ESC down or alt-down.

(org-defkey org-mode-map [(meta down)]  'org-metadown)

Thanks.

* Re: Re: Strange key binding problem
@ 2008-09-03  9:51     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-03  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 2, 2008, at 9:07 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:

> If I evaluate the following sexp in the org-mode buffer, should it
> take effect?  It doesn't take effect for either ESC down or alt-down.
>
> (org-defkey org-mode-map [(meta down)]  'org-metadown)

That should work, and it does for me.

- Carsten

* Re: Re: Strange key binding problem
@ 2008-09-03 18:54       ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2008-09-03 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 02:51, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
>> (org-defkey org-mode-map [(meta down)]  'org-metadown)
>
> That should work, and it does for me.

OK, does not work for me.  This does, however.  (I got it by M-x
local-set-key RET.  This is a trick I use to figure out what a key
does.)

(local-set-key (quote [27 right]) (quote org-metaright))

By the way, Alt-right merely sends right.

Carbon emacs, mac powerbook, tiger, gui, latest org-mode.  External
keyboard that is known to be good.

@ 2008-09-03 18:56       ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2008-09-03 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

@ 2008-09-13 16:08 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-13 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel

On Aug 31, 2008, at 10:35 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:

> The keybinding for ESC right remains bound to forward-word even after

I you run Org-mode under X windows, org normally does not use this key
binding,
since meta-right does the same job.  If you would like to insist using
it,
you can, using the lates git-released version, by setting org-use-
extra-keys.

HTH.

- Carsten

@ 2008-09-16  5:15   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2008-09-16  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 09:08, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> I you run Org-mode under X windows, org normally does not use this key
> binding,
> since meta-right does the same job.  If you would like to insist using it,
> you can, using the lates git-released version, by setting
> org-use-extra-keys.

Thanks -- that was my patch :).