* [BUG] Inserting new heading
@ 2017-03-15 14:24 Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2017-03-15 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

There is a bug w/ inserting new headings after a collapsed heading (w/
C-return, org-insert-heading-respect-content) if the last content under the
heading (or a subhead) is a RESULTS: block. This occurs w/ the value of
org-blank-before-new-entry as either '(heading . auto) or '(heading . nil).

This started a few months ago, but I just figured out what actually causes the
behavior.

Given the following org file:

--------------------------
* C-return tests
** Results w/ ending blank line removed
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
echo 'foo'
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: foo
** Results w/ ending blank line
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
echo 'foo'
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: foo

** A heading
------------------------------

Steps to reproduce:

  For "Correct" (expected) results:
    1. Collapse all the headings.
    2. Place the cursor On the line "Results w/ ending blank line removed".
    3. Hit <C-return> (org-insert-heading-respect-content)

    A new heading is inserted just before the following heading.

  For "Incorrect" results:
    1. Collapse all the headings.
    2. Place the cursor On the line "Results w/ ending blank line".
    3. Hit <C-return> (org-insert-heading-respect-content)

    The new heading characters ('**') are appended to the end of the result
    block (the end of the heading line after the '...')

BTW, if the heading containing the source block is expanded it works correctly.

rick

* Re: [BUG] Inserting new heading
@ 2017-03-16 12:03 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-03-16 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rick Frankel <rick@rickster.com> writes:

> There is a bug w/ inserting new headings after a collapsed heading (w/
> C-return, org-insert-heading-respect-content) if the last content under the
> heading (or a subhead) is a RESULTS: block. This occurs w/ the value of
> org-blank-before-new-entry as either '(heading . auto) or '(heading . nil).
>
> This started a few months ago, but I just figured out what actually causes the
> behavior.
>

> Given the following org file:
>
> --------------------------
> * C-return tests
> ** Results w/ ending blank line removed
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
> echo 'foo'
> #+END_SRC
>

> #+RESULTS: : foo ** Results w/ ending blank line
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh
> echo 'foo'
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> : foo
>
> ** A heading
> ------------------------------
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
>   For "Correct" (expected) results:
>     1. Collapse all the headings.
>     2. Place the cursor On the line "Results w/ ending blank line removed".
>     3. Hit <C-return> (org-insert-heading-respect-content)
>
>     A new heading is inserted just before the following heading.
>
>   For "Incorrect" results:
>     1. Collapse all the headings.
>     2. Place the cursor On the line "Results w/ ending blank line".
>     3. Hit <C-return> (org-insert-heading-respect-content)
>
>     The new heading characters ('**') are appended to the end of the result
>     block (the end of the heading line after the '...')
>
> BTW, if the heading containing the source block is expanded it works
> correctly.

Fixed. I couldn't reproduce it on maint tho, so the commit landed on
master branch.

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] Inserting new heading
@ 2017-03-16 19:38   ` Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2017-03-16 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 01:03:18PM +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Rick Frankel <rick@rickster.com> writes:
>
> > There is a bug w/ inserting new headings after a collapsed heading (w/
> > C-return, org-insert-heading-respect-content) if the last content under the
> > heading (or a subhead) is a RESULTS: block. This occurs w/ the value of
> > org-blank-before-new-entry as either '(heading . auto) or '(heading . nil).
> >
> > This started a few months ago, but I just figured out what actually causes the
> > behavior.

> Fixed. I couldn't reproduce it on maint tho, so the commit landed on
> master branch.

Confirmed in master. Not suprised it wasn't in maint, it's a fairly recent bug.

thanx,
rick