* #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-17 14:39 Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2013-12-17 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,
I just found that #+TEXT: from pre 8 org-mode has disappeared.

Does anybody know how this is done with org-mode 8?

--
Thanks, Manfred

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-17 14:53 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-12-17 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Manfred Lotz wrote:
> I just found that #+TEXT: from pre 8 org-mode has disappeared.
>
> Does anybody know how this is done with org-mode 8?

IIUC, it became `#+ascii:'.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-18 17:26   ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2013-12-18 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:53:25 +0100
"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
wrote:

> Manfred Lotz wrote:
> > I just found that #+TEXT: from pre 8 org-mode has disappeared.
> >
> > Does anybody know how this is done with org-mode 8?
>
> IIUC, it became `#+ascii:'.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Hm, when I try this it won't even appear in the .tex file.

--
Manfred

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-18 18:39     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-12-18 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:53:25 +0100
> "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Manfred Lotz wrote:
>> > I just found that #+TEXT: from pre 8 org-mode has disappeared.
>> >
>> > Does anybody know how this is done with org-mode 8?
>>
>> IIUC, it became `#+ascii:'.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>>

> Hm, when I try this it won't even appear in the .tex file.

TEXT keywords were removed in Org 8 because we do not need them anymore.
Would you mind providing your use case, or, better, an example, so we
can help you?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-18 18:40     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-12-18 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:53:25 +0100
> "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Manfred Lotz wrote:
>> > I just found that #+TEXT: from pre 8 org-mode has disappeared.
>> >
>> > Does anybody know how this is done with org-mode 8?
>>
>> IIUC, it became `#+ascii:'.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>>

> Hm, when I try this it won't even appear in the .tex file.

I'm not sure what your expectations might be, but if you want to add
special code to a .tex file, Section 12.7.3 of the manual, Quoting LaTeX
code, describes how to do that.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-19  8:00       ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2013-12-19  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:40:31 -1000
tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:

> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:53:25 +0100
> > "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
> > wrote:

> >> IIUC, it became `#+ascii:'.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>   Seb
> >>

> > Hm, when I try this it won't even appear in the .tex file.
>
> I'm not sure what your expectations might be, but if you want to add
> special code to a .tex file, Section 12.7.3 of the manual, Quoting
> LaTeX code, describes how to do that.

I know about this but I didn't want to do this. I just said if #+ASCII:
had any effect I would have seen it in the resulting tex file when
exporting to LaTeX file.

--
Manfred

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-19  8:01       ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2013-12-19  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:39:39 +0100
Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:53:25 +0100
> > "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
> > wrote:

> >> IIUC, it became `#+ascii:'.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>   Seb
> >>

> > Hm, when I try this it won't even appear in the .tex file.
>
> TEXT keywords were removed in Org 8 because we do not need them
> anymore. Would you mind providing your use case, or, better, an
> example, so we can help you?
>

> Regards,

Actually I want to have an abstract between title/author and the first
chapter.

--
Manfred

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-19 20:42         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-12-19 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:

> Actually I want to have an abstract between title/author and the first
> chapter.

Isn't the following sufficient?

  #+title: My title
  #+author: Me

  #+begin_abstract
  #+end_abstract

  * First section

    Contents

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-22 20:06           ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2013-12-22 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:42:47 +0100
Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>
> > Actually I want to have an abstract between title/author and the
> > first chapter.
>
> Isn't the following sufficient?
>
>   #+title: My title
>   #+author: Me
>
>   #+begin_abstract
>   #+end_abstract
>
>   * First section
>
>     Contents

Yes, this works. I simply didn't know about #+BEGIN_ABSTACT aso.

Manfred

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-22 23:05             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-12-22 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Manfred,

Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:

> Yes, this works. I simply didn't know about #+BEGIN_ABSTACT aso.

I guess this is a quite common need for the LaTeX exporter,
so I explicitely used #+BEGIN_ABSTACT as an example of special
block in the manual.

This will be in the next release.

--
 Bastien

* Re: #+TEXT: disappeared
@ 2013-12-23  4:28               ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2013-12-23  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 00:05:39 +0100
Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Manfred,
>
> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>
> > Yes, this works. I simply didn't know about #+BEGIN_ABSTACT aso.
>
> I guess this is a quite common need for the LaTeX exporter,
> so I explicitely used #+BEGIN_ABSTACT as an example of special
> block in the manual.
>
> This will be in the next release.

Yes, it is good to have #+BEGIN_ABSTACT available. I discovered that
even a #+BEGIN_BLABLA would work if I only would export to LaTeX (if
there is an environment blabla is LaTeX). Other exporters wouldn't know
blabla, of course.

--
Manfred