* Can I set achive or refile target to date-tree?
@ 2010-04-16 13:58 Osamu OKANO
From: Osamu OKANO @ 2010-04-16 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.
I had used ChangeLog format as a diary.
So I love the date-tree of org-remember.
>("Diary"  ?d  "* %?\n"  "~org/diary.org"  date-tree)

I'd like to refile or archive to a child of a date-tree too.
Can I use date-tree when refile or archive target?

Regards.

* Re: Can I set achive or refile target to date-tree?
@ 2010-04-19 12:55 ` Osamu OKANO
From: Osamu OKANO @ 2010-04-19 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, all.
I wrote the defadvice of org-archive-subtree so that I can archive in
a date-tree.
Please (setq org-archive-location "%s_archive::date-tree"), then you
can archive in a date-tree.
http://gist.github.com/370843

Regards.

* Re: Re: Can I set achive or refile target to date-tree?
@ 2010-04-21  7:46   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-21  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Osamu OKANO; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 19, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Osamu OKANO wrote:

> Hi, all.
> I wrote the defadvice of org-archive-subtree so that I can archive in
> a date-tree.
> Please (setq org-archive-location "%s_archive::date-tree"), then you
> can archive in a date-tree.
> http://gist.github.com/370843

Pretty nice!

- Carsten

> Regards.

- Carsten

* Archive scheduled (done) items to date-tree wrt scheduled date - Was: Was: Re: Can I set achive or refile target to date-tree?
@ 2013-05-25 19:34   ` Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2013-05-25 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

I found the org-archive-subtree-defadvice.el quite useful, but I'd like
to be able to archive DONE items not to today's date in a date-tree
archive file, but instead to their scheduled date.

Thus, it reconstructs a journal of done things, and not a journal of my
archiving activity.

Anyone with a suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER
http://www.olivierberger.com/weblog/

* Re: Archive scheduled (done) items to date-tree wrt scheduled date - Was: Was: Re: Can I set achive or refile target to date-tree?
@ 2013-05-25 21:07     ` Olivier Berger
From: Olivier Berger @ 2013-05-25 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I found the org-archive-subtree-defadvice.el quite useful, but I'd like
> to be able to archive DONE items not to today's date in a date-tree
> archive file, but instead to their scheduled date.
>
> Thus, it reconstructs a journal of done things, and not a journal of my
> archiving activity.
>
> Anyone with a suggestion ?

Responding to myself : there's now a ::datetree/ option for
org-archive-location which renders the org-archive-subtree-defadvice.el
"hack" useless.

More details in http://orgmode.org/worg/doc.html#org-archive-location

May I suggest to remove the hack from
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#sec-1-7-2 too, then ?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--

@ 2013-05-25 21:32       ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2013-05-25 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Olivier, org-mode users and -developoers,
* Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org> [25. May. 2013]:
> Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org> writes:
>> I found the org-archive-subtree-defadvice.el quite useful, but I'd like
>> to be able to archive DONE items not to today's date in a date-tree
>> archive file, but instead to their scheduled date.
>>
>> Thus, it reconstructs a journal of done things, and not a journal of my
>> archiving activity.
>>
>> Anyone with a suggestion ?
>>

> Responding to myself : there's now a ::datetree/ option for
> org-archive-location which renders the org-archive-subtree-defadvice.el
> "hack" useless.

Is it possible to refile to a date tree?  This would be very
helpful.

Ciao; Gregor

* Re: Archive scheduled (done) items to date-tree wrt scheduled date
@ 2013-06-02 17:43         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-06-02 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregor Zattler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 25.5.2013, at 23:32, Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Olivier, org-mode users and -developoers,
> * Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org> [25. May. 2013]:
>> Olivier Berger <oberger@ouvaton.org> writes:
>>> I found the org-archive-subtree-defadvice.el quite useful, but I'd like
>>> to be able to archive DONE items not to today's date in a date-tree
>>> archive file, but instead to their scheduled date.
>>>
>>> Thus, it reconstructs a journal of done things, and not a journal of my
>>> archiving activity.
>>>
>>> Anyone with a suggestion ?
>>>

>> Responding to myself : there's now a ::datetree/ option for
>> org-archive-location which renders the org-archive-subtree-defadvice.el
>> "hack" useless.
>
> Is it possible to refile to a date tree?  This would be very
> helpful.

This is currently not possible - but it would be useful.  I would happily take a patch.

- Carsten