* Only first time stamp per event on agenda (containing multiple time stamps)
@ 2013-05-27 16:39 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-05-27 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

(My current Org-mode is git 86fab4ce354c3fc29a9a169add80a)

When I have a heading like following, the event appears on my agenda
on Monday and on Wednesday with their time frames (as expected by me):

,----[ time stamps on different days ]
| ** Event A
|
| - <2013-05-27 Mon 09:00-12:00>
| - <2013-05-29 Wed 13:00-16:00>
`----

However, with the following event, I only get one time stamp onto my
agenda (namely the first one of the very same day):

,----[ time stamp on the same day ]
| ** Event B
|
| - <2013-05-27 Mon 09:00-12:00>
| - <2013-05-27 Mon 13:00-16:00>
`----

If this is not intended behavior, I beg to fix it ;-)

I do have use-cases [1] where this kind of list is way better than
each time-stamp as its own heading.

If this is intended behavior, I am curious about the reason why.

Thank you in any case :-)

  1. e.g., for irregular occurring courses sharing the same heading
     title.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: Only first time stamp per event on agenda (containing multiple time stamps)
@ 2013-05-27 20:24 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2013-05-27 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> However, with the following event, I only get one time stamp onto my
> agenda (namely the first one of the very same day):
>
> ,----[ time stamp on the same day ]
> | ** Event B
> |
> | - <2013-05-27 Mon 09:00-12:00>
> | - <2013-05-27 Mon 13:00-16:00>
> `----
>
> If this is not intended behavior, I beg to fix it ;-)

What is the value of org-agenda-skip-additional-timestamps-same-entry?

When this variable is set to nil (the default value), I find that all
entries appear in the agenda:

,----
| Day-agenda (W22):
| Monday     27 May 2013 W22
|                8:00...... ----------------
|   inbox:       9:00-12:00 Event B
|               10:00...... ----------------
|               12:00...... ----------------
|   inbox:      13:00-16:00 Event B
|               14:00...... ----------------
|               15:23...... You are here - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|               16:00...... ----------------
|               18:00...... ----------------
|               20:00...... ----------------
`----

Best,
Matt

* Re: Only first time stamp per event on agenda (containing multiple time stamps)
@ 2013-05-28 13:36   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-05-28 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> However, with the following event, I only get one time stamp onto my
>> agenda (namely the first one of the very same day):
>>
>> ,----[ time stamp on the same day ]
>> | ** Event B
>> |
>> | - <2013-05-27 Mon 09:00-12:00>
>> | - <2013-05-27 Mon 13:00-16:00>
>> `----
>>
>> If this is not intended behavior, I beg to fix it ;-)
>
> What is the value of org-agenda-skip-additional-timestamps-same-entry?

Bingo.

Yes, I once set this to "t" but I can't remember why (and I
obviously totally forgot its existence).

Sorry for the fuzz.