* adjusting tags/keywords/priorities within remember templates
@ 2007-12-11 12:30 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-12-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

My TODO.org files have per-file custom keyword (#+SEQ_TODO) and tag
(#+TAGS) settings.  I noticed a few areas for improving editing
remember notes w.r.t. these:

  a) If editing a note in a *Remember* buffer which came from a
     template containing a custom keyword e.g. "NEXT", the org
     major-mode in the *Remember* buffer does not parse this as a
     keyword, which means that the usual shortcuts for changing
     priority and keyword treat "NEXT" as part of the description
     text.

     Fixing this in the case that the template has already specified a
     fixed destination file should be fairly easy - presumably by
     copying the per-file settings into the *Remember* buffer.  In the
     other case where the destination file is not yet known, I agree
     that there is no easy way of doing this.

  b) %^g does not honour keystroke shortcuts for tags.

  c) %^g does not honour existing tags within the template.  For
     example I would like to be able to include a tag string ":foo:"
     within the template and have the %^g code pre-select "foo", just
     as if the point was on an item tagged ":foo:" within a normal org
     file and I'd just pressed C-c C-c.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-12-11 12:30 UTC | newest]