* show clock-out time in org-agenda-log-mode
@ 2008-06-16 12:13 iemacs
From: iemacs @ 2008-06-16 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm not sure whether this has been proposed.

When I use org-agenda-mode with org-agenda-log-mode, the clock-out
time isn't shown after the clock-in time.  Is it possible to show the
clock-out time like 11:00-12:00?

--
Kind regards,

Tian Qiu

* Re: show clock-out time in org-agenda-log-mode
@ 2008-06-16 14:55 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-06-16 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iemacs; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

iemacs@gmail.com writes:

> I'm not sure whether this has been proposed.
>
> When I use org-agenda-mode with org-agenda-log-mode, the clock-out
> time isn't shown after the clock-in time.  Is it possible to show the
> clock-out time like 11:00-12:00?

I also have this same wishlist item.

I looked into implementing this but as far as I could tell the org
agenda parsing code only gets the first datestamp currently when
building the view with clock data.  Ranges only show up if the first
timestamp is a range and clock values like

   CLOCK: [2008-06-09 Mon 10:19]--[2008-06-09 Mon 10:21] =>  0:02

have only single times in the timestamps.  If we could change the
above clock entry to

   CLOCK: [2008-06-09 Mon 10:19-10:21]--[2008-06-09 Mon 10:21] =>  0:02

for the agenda view to process then I think the agenda would display
what you want but that feels like a horrible hack to me and a better
solution would be to let the second clock time provide the second
timestamp range value when the first timestamp is not a range.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to pursue this.

-Bernt

* Re: show clock-out time in org-agenda-log-mode
@ 2008-06-16 16:16 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-06-16 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iemacs; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tian,

On Jun 16, 2008, at 2:13 PM, iemacs@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm not sure whether this has been proposed.
>
> When I use org-agenda-mode with org-agenda-log-mode, the clock-out
> time isn't shown after the clock-in time.  Is it possible to show the
> clock-out time like 11:00-12:00?

yes, I have wanted to do this for a long time, last time I tried I
failed
to get this right.  Thanks for triggering me again, I believe this time
around it works.

- Carsten

* Re: show clock-out time in org-agenda-log-mode
@ 2008-06-17  0:01   ` iemacs
From: iemacs @ 2008-06-17  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Carsten Dominik
<dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Hi Tian,
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 2:13 PM, iemacs@gmail.com wrote:
>
> I'm not sure whether this has been proposed.
>
> When I use org-agenda-mode with org-agenda-log-mode, the clock-out
> time isn't shown after the clock-in time.  Is it possible to show the
> clock-out time like 11:00-12:00?
>
> yes, I have wanted to do this for a long time, last time I tried I failed
> to get this right.  Thanks for triggering me again, I believe this time
> around it works.
> - Carsten

That will be great, thanks.

And I also think this is a better way to find `unclock-out' items when
reviewing.