* configuring org-export-latex-classes
@ 2008-09-02 18:59 Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2008-09-02 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I can't seem to find a way to configure the variable
org-export-latex-classes either directly (via customize-variable) or
through customizing a group.  customize-variable can't find this
variable, and I am unable to find the customizing group it may be in.
Some time (only a couple of weeks) ago I did successfully customize
that variable through a group for the life of me I now can't remember.

Can someone help me, please?

Many thanks in advance,

Rainer
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften

* Re: configuring org-export-latex-classes
@ 2008-09-02 19:03 ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2008-09-02 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 08:59:33PM +0200, Rainer Thiel wrote:
> I can't seem to find a way to configure the variable
> org-export-latex-classes either directly (via customize-variable) or
> through customizing a group.  customize-variable can't find this
> variable, and I am unable to find the customizing group it may be in.
> Some time (only a couple of weeks) ago I did successfully customize
> that variable through a group for the life of me I now can't remember.

I set mine directly in .emacs, I haven't tried the customize
interface.

Perhaps you should edit it directly if you've already got it set.

* Re: configuring org-export-latex-classes
@ 2008-09-02 19:14   ` Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2008-09-02 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2008/9/2 Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com>:
> I set mine directly in .emacs, I haven't tried the customize
> interface.
>
> Perhaps you should edit it directly if you've already got it set.

I'll do that as a last resort indeed, but I am actually trying to use
the customize interface as much as possible.

Thank you very much anyway,

Rainer
--

@ 2008-09-02 19:32 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2008-09-02 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r.thiel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> wrote:

> I can't seem to find a way to configure the variable
> org-export-latex-classes either directly (via customize-variable) or
> through customizing a group.  customize-variable can't find this
> variable, and I am unable to find the customizing group it may be in.
> Some time (only a couple of weeks) ago I did successfully customize
> that variable through a group for the life of me I now can't remember.
>
> Can someone help me, please?

There seems to be a missing defgroup, so the org-export-latex customizations
end up disappearing. Try adding this to org-export-latex.el:

(defgroup org-export-latex nil
  "Options for exporting Org-mode files to LaTeX."
  :tag "Org Export LaTeX"
  :group 'org-export)

Nick

* Re: configuring org-export-latex-classes
@ 2008-09-03  7:03   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-03  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, r.thiel