* Exporting: how to exclude top/bottom hline for tables?
       [not found] <1523724262.760140.1632336559832.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2021-09-22 18:49 ` S Boucher
From: S Boucher @ 2021-09-22 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Is there a way to exclude the top and bottom hline of tables during export?
When I'm exporting to UTF-8, the top and bottom lines of the tables do not display correctly for me.
Though the number of chars is correct, the face used by emacs does not match the face used for the rest of the file.
So, I'd simply exclude those hlines.

Is there a way to exclude those?

* Re: Exporting: how to exclude top/bottom hline for tables?
@ 2021-09-24  2:42   ` Yasushi SHOJI
From: Yasushi SHOJI @ 2021-09-24  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S Boucher; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 5:09 AM S Boucher <stbya@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to exclude the top and bottom hline of tables during export?

I don't see any option to change.  But you can do:

,----
| (defun my/remove-bottom (borders)
|   (remove-if (lambda (x) (memq x '(bottom top above below))) borders))
| (advice-add 'org-export-table-cell-borders :filter-return #'my/remove-hlines)
`----

tweak the list to change the behaviour.

> When I'm exporting to UTF-8, the top and bottom lines of the tables do not display correctly for me.
>
> Though the number of chars is correct, the face used by emacs does not match the face used for the rest of the file.

I guess fixing the faces is the right way forward.
--
             yashi