* org-log-done
@ 2010-07-08 22:00 Stephen Lienhard
From: Stephen Lienhard @ 2010-07-08 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

Hello,

When I mark a ToDo item as Done, I would like to log the date only and not the time.

For ex:

** DONE Update presentation
   CLOSED: [2010-07-08]

Instead of:

** DONE Update presentation
   CLOSED: [2010-07-08 Thu 17:57]

I have searched the website and the mailing list archives.

Is there an option I could set or something for my .emacs file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stephen

* Re: org-log-done
@ 2010-07-08 22:15 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-07-08 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Lienhard; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-org

Stephen Lienhard <stephenl@2bike4.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I mark a ToDo item as Done, I would like to log the date only and not the time.
>
> For ex:
>
> ** DONE Update presentation
>    CLOSED: [2010-07-08]
>
> Instead of:
>
> ** DONE Update presentation
>    CLOSED: [2010-07-08 Thu 17:57]
>

> I have searched the website and the mailing list archives.
>

> Is there an option I could set or something for my .emacs file?

Maybe this:

,----
| org-log-done-with-time is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is t
|
| Documentation:
| Non-nil means the CLOSED time stamp will contain date and time.
| When nil, only the date will be recorded.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

HTH,
Nick