* Move marked text into environment
@ 2013-05-28 15:12 AW
From: AW @ 2013-05-28 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

would someone help me, being not a programmer, to achieve this:

I get Emails, copy them into an org-file and would like to write down comments
on single sentences or paragraphs of the text.

I'd like to mark some text in the copied text of the Email inside the org-file
and get "#+BEGIN_QUOTE" and "END_QUOTE" around the marked region.

I know that I can get the "environment" #+BEGIN / #+END_QUOTE with "<q", but
that leaves it to me to transfer the text into this environment.

Orgmode 8.0.1, Emacs 24.3

Thank you in advance!

Alexander

* Re: Move marked text into environment
@ 2013-05-28 15:56 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-05-28 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> would someone help me, being not a programmer, to achieve this:
>
> I get Emails, copy them into an org-file and would like to write down comments
> on single sentences or paragraphs of the text.
>
> I'd like to mark some text in the copied text of the Email inside the org-file
> and get "#+BEGIN_QUOTE" and "END_QUOTE" around the marked region.
>
> I know that I can get the "environment" #+BEGIN / #+END_QUOTE with "<q", but
> that leaves it to me to transfer the text into this environment.
>
> Orgmode 8.0.1, Emacs 24.3

This

,-----------------------------------------------------------
| (defun org-wrap-region-in-quote-block ()
|   "Wrap region in quote block"
|   (interactive)
|   (save-excursion
|     (save-restriction
|       (and
|        (region-active-p)
|        (use-region-p)
|        (narrow-to-region (region-beginning) (region-end)))
|       (goto-char (point-min))
|       (insert "#+BEGIN_QUOTE\n")
|       (goto-char (point-max))
|       (insert "#+END_QUOTE\n"))
|     (deactivate-mark)))
`-----------------------------------------------------------

does the job - wrap text (marked as region) into a quote block.

Not sure if there is such a function in Org-mode already, it might well
be ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Move marked text into environment
@ 2013-05-28 16:06   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-05-28 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

PS
There was one wrong paren, better use this one instead:

,-----------------------------------------------------------
`-----------------------------------------------------------

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Move marked text into environment
@ 2013-05-28 19:02     ` AW
From: AW @ 2013-05-28 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am Dienstag, 28. Mai 2013, 18:06:54 schrieb Thorsten Jolitz:
> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
> PS
> There was one wrong paren, better use this one instead:
>
> ,-----------------------------------------------------------
>
> | (defun org-wrap-region-in-quote-block ()
> |
> |   "Wrap region in quote block"
> |   (interactive)
> |   (save-excursion
> |
> |     (save-restriction
> |
> |       (and
> |
> |        (region-active-p)
> |        (use-region-p)
> |        (narrow-to-region (region-beginning) (region-end)))
> |        (goto-char (point-min))
> |        (insert "#+BEGIN_QUOTE\n")
> |        (goto-char (point-max))
> |        (insert "#+END_QUOTE\n")