* Conflict with calendar/diary frame setting and timestamps.
@ 2010-05-21 20:34 Kevin Kinnell
From: Kevin Kinnell @ 2010-05-21 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but inserting timestamps
via the org-time-stamp family of functions doesn't work if
the calender is set to display in a different frame.

When I have a minute, I'll go to the source and see if I
can figure out how to make it work if calendar is set to
open in a dedicated frame.  I have to believe there is at
least one other person out there who wants to use org mode
and a dedicated frame for calendar.  'B)>

--
Kevin Kinnell
Interface Programmer

* Re: Conflict with calendar/diary frame setting and timestamps.
@ 2010-05-23  6:04 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-23  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kevin.kinnell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 21, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Kevin Kinnell wrote:

> Sorry if this has been mentioned, but inserting timestamps
> via the org-time-stamp family of functions doesn't work if
> the calender is set to display in a different frame.
>
> When I have a minute, I'll go to the source and see if I
> can figure out how to make it work if calendar is set to
> open in a dedicated frame.  I have to believe there is at
> least one other person out there who wants to use org mode
> and a dedicated frame for calendar.  'B)>

I think that for inserting a date with Org-mode, opening the calendar
in a separate frame would be a badly designed interface, because it
slows down the interaction.  So the solution here would be to force
the calendar into the current frame for the duration of the timestamp
command.

What customization have you used to get the calendar into a dedicated
frame?

- Carsten

> --
> Kevin Kinnell