* Org-mode version 4.54
@ 2006-11-10  9:21 Carsten Dominik
       [not found] ` <b71b18520611101209q62c9a5edo9c3e0268bc11635d@mail.gmail.com>
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-11-10  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org-mode version 4.54 is available at

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org

I would appreciate if many people could download and use this
quickly.  I managed to get this version back into the
Emacs 22.1 tree, and I would hate for some stupid mistake
to have happened in this release and to mess up Emacs 22.1.

Thanks!

- Carsten

Changes in Version 4.54
-----------------------

- Improvements to fast tag selection

   Fast tag selection has become better.  While you change tags through
   this interface, the current set of tags will also be displayed in the
   org-mode file itself - so once you know the interface by hart, you
   don't need to move your eyes away from the line you are editing.

   Also I noticed that most of the time, I am adding or removing only
   a single tag, or I am removing all of them, both actions which require
   a single key in the fast tag interface.  Therefore there is a new
   option `org-fast-tag-selection-single-key'.  When set, fast tag
   selection exits after the first change you make to the tags list.
   So you do not have to press RET to exit.
   If you occasionally need more than one change, just start
   tag selection with `C-c C-c C-c' instead of `C-c C-c'.

- Tags sparse trees now also respect the settings in
   `org-show-hierarchy-above' and `org-show-following-heading'.
   So far there was a bug, forcing both variables to nil during
   sparse tree construction via a tags search.  If you liked this
   behavior, you need to configure like this:

   (setq org-show-hierarchy-above '((default . t) (tags-tree . nil))
         org-show-following-heading '((default . t) (tags-tree . nil)))

  - Bug fixes.

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam

* Re: Org-mode version 4.54
       [not found] ` <b71b18520611101209q62c9a5edo9c3e0268bc11635d@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2006-11-11  9:40   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-11-11  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eddward DeVilla; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 10, 2006, at 21:09, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

> Well, they probably aren't new bugs and they probably aren't major,
> but there are two thing's I've noticed.
>
> First pressing C-c C-c in a table (or anything tat triggers a
> reformat) cause the windows to scroll everything down 1 line.  This is
> a little annoying since I try to keep the project heading at the top
> of the window.

Yes, there was a bug there, fixed now.

> (I need to learn to open individual Todo items in
> their own indirect buffer.)

I don't understand what you mean with this.

> Second, In the agenda view for C-c a t, using S-up ans S-down to
> change priorities causes the Todo keyword to lose it's font
> highlighting.  Pressing r to rebuild the buffer fixes the display.

Also this is fixed now.

Thanks.

- Carsten

--

@ 2006-11-11 14:39     ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2006-11-11 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 11/11/06, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2006, at 21:09, Eddward DeVilla wrote:
> > (I need to learn to open individual Todo items in
> > their own indirect buffer.)
>
> I don't understand what you mean with this.

It would have been a way to keep the heading at the top of the window.
 If the scrolling is fixed then I wouldn't need to do this, but it
would still be nifty.  I thought I read someone else had a function to
open a todo item and it's subtree into an indirect buffer with the
rest of the document hidden.  I'm still probably going to try to learn
to write something to do it.

* Re: Org-mode version 4.54
@ 2006-11-12 13:20       ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2006-11-12 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 08:39 -0600, Eddward DeVilla wrote:
> I thought I read someone else had a function to
> open a todo item and it's subtree into an indirect buffer with the
> rest of the document hidden.  I'm still probably going to try to learn
> to write something to do it.

That would be quite handy, especially used with pop-up-frames.  You
could have a more task-oriented rather than file-oriented view of your
collection of org files this way.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    jmcbray@carcosa.net  |
| A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, |
| even though we do not love it.            -- Dogen        |

* Re: Org-mode version 4.54
@ 2006-11-12 17:21         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-11-12 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason F. McBrayer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 12, 2006, at 14:20, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 08:39 -0600, Eddward DeVilla wrote:
>> I thought I read someone else had a function to
>> open a todo item and it's subtree into an indirect buffer with the
>> rest of the document hidden.  I'm still probably going to try to learn
>> to write something to do it.
>
> That would be quite handy, especially used with pop-up-frames.  You
> could have a more task-oriented rather than file-oriented view of your
> collection of org files this way.

You mean something like this?:

(defun org-tree-to-indirect-buffer ()
   "Create indirect buffer and narrow it to current subtree."
   (interactive)
   (let (beg end (bufname "*Org Indirect*"))
     (save-excursion
       (org-back-to-heading t) (setq beg (point))
       (org-end-of-subtree t) (setq end (point)))
     (if (get-buffer bufname) (kill-buffer bufname))
     (pop-to-buffer (make-indirect-buffer
		    (current-buffer) bufname 'clone))
     (narrow-to-region beg end)
     (show-all)))

--

@ 2006-11-13 13:39           ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2006-11-13 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 18:21 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> You mean something like this?:
> (defun org-tree-to-indirect-buffer () [...]

Yes, precisely.  Maybe when I get a Round Tuit, I'll take a stab at
writing an alternate version of org-agenda-switch-to that uses this.