* HTML export: how delimit escaped entity?
@ 2008-08-27 18:23 Mark Theodoropoulos
From: Mark Theodoropoulos @ 2008-08-27 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This is probably bonehead simple, but so far that bone is broken. The
entities in org-html-entities work fine for me as long as followed by a
space (or another \-escaped entity), but I can't seem to discover how
they're delimited within a word.

I.e. "Ren\eacute " produces  "René " but I've failed to find a way to
get "Ástor" out of any combination of "\Aacute" and "stor".
("\Aacutestor" -> "\Aacutestor", "\Aacute stor" naturally -> "Á
stor", and nothing I've tried by way of analogy with shells (e.g.
"\{Aacute}stor") or other syntax ("\Aacute\stor"? "\Aacute$stor"? etc.) has
produced anything but the same string in the generated code.

I'm sure my ignorance of {insert bonehead lacuna here} is showing, but does
anyone know how to put the poor man's name into an org file so that it will
export?

Thanks -- and repeated & continual thanks to Carsten and all other generous
contributors.

Mark

--
m. theo
producer / classics without walls

* Re: HTML export: how delimit escaped entity?
@ 2008-09-01 14:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-09-01 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Theodoropoulos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mark,

On Aug 27, 2008, at 8:23 PM, Mark Theodoropoulos wrote:

> This is probably bonehead simple, but so far that bone is broken.
> The entities in org-html-entities work fine for me as long as
> followed by a space (or another \-escaped entity), but I can't seem
> to discover how they're delimited within a word.
>
> I.e. "Ren\eacute " produces  "René " but I've failed to find
> a way to get "Ástor" out of any combination of "\Aacute" and
> "stor". ("\Aacutestor" -> "\Aacutestor", "\Aacute stor" naturally ->
> "Á stor", and nothing I've tried by way of analogy with
> shells (e.g. "\{Aacute}stor") or other syntax ("\Aacute\stor"?
> "\Aacute$stor"? etc.) has produced anything but the same string in
> the generated code.
>
> I'm sure my ignorance of {insert bonehead lacuna here} is showing,
> but does anyone know how to put the poor man's name into an org file
> so that it will export?

This is a bug, there was no workaround yet.

Get the latest version, there you can write (again following tex syntax)

"\Aacute{}stor"

Not pretty, but consistent.

- Carsten