From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Problem with agenda file list
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 06:12:34 +0200	[thread overview]

On Apr 27, 2008, at 10:11 PM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> Hi Jose,
>>
>> in principle it would be possible, of course, to write a
>> custom function that directly modifies a special Org
>> configuration file.  However, that is even less clean than
>> what I was doing so far and is bound to cause problems.  What
>> if another person does *not* have a special file for Org?
>> Should I then directly manipulate .emacs?  I think this is
>> not acceptable.
>>

> I think we're misunderstanding each other :) What i really want is to
> just set in my .emacs something along the lines of
>
> (setq org-agenda-files '("/home/jao/org/a.org" "home/jao/org/b.org"))
> (require 'org-install)
>
> and be sure that org won't write any custom-set-variables or
> custome-set-faces in my custom file.

Hi Jose,

you can do exactly what you did, and Org will normaly not write
anything into your .emacs file.  The only occasions are when you use
one of the commands

org-agenda-file-to-front  bound to `C-c ['
org-remove-file           bound to `C-c ]'

> Last time i tried doing that,
> org-agenda-files appeared automagically in my custom-set-variables
> section, together with a face definition for font-lock-warning in my
> custom-set-faces... they were put in my .emacs, but i was using a
> separate custom-file, so i just set and loaded custom-file before
> written
> by org in my custom-file instead of .emacs. But since i'm setting
> org-agenda-files in my .emacs, what i'd like is that it wouldn't
> appear
> in custom-set-variables.
>
> My understanding was that, in order to prevent this behaviour (that
> is,
> the automatic modification of custom-set-variables and -faces), my
> only
> option was to use the org files list file. Am i confused?

I think you are.  You must have called one of the above functions to
make this
saving happen.

- Carsten