* org-mode and dokieli / linked-research?
@ 2017-03-27 17:55 Vladimir Alexiev
From: Vladimir Alexiev @ 2017-03-27 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

(I'd be much obliged if you comment here: https://gist.github.com/VladimirAlexiev/80338cc0ec51d3a402ff6d9b9ce4ae4e)

**Linked Research** is a movement to publish articles in HTML, with embedded semantic data
that would allow not just citations but much deeper interactions.
Sarven Capadisli is at the forefront of this, and people like Tim Berners-Lee and Soren Auer support it fully.
I believe this is the **future** of scholarly publishing.

- see http://csarven.ca/archives/articles for relevant articles
- https://dokie.li is a template and a set of CSS that produces native HTML, LNCS and ACM styles.
  It also includes nice interactive tools (eg comments, citations, Sparklines) but is not yet a fully-fledge editor

The best way to write research articles is, of course, plain text.
Org-mode excels at writing PDF articles (amongst many other things),
but fairly sucks for writing HTML articles (eg there's no standard way to
give the Abstract, multiple authors with affiliations, etc etc).
I believe that an enriched org HTML exporter that can produce dokieli-style articles will pave the way to that future.

A first step in that direction is
http://www-public.tem-tsp.eu/~berger_o/test-org-publishing-rdfa.html
by Olivier Berger, and there's relevant work by John Kitchin.

I asked this a couple times but there's no takeup yet...

- https://gitter.im/linkeddata/dokieli?at=56a0a7813165a6af1a3d0ad8
- https://disqus.com/home/discussion/kitchinresearchgroup/the_kitchin_research_group_934/#comment-2574588842
- http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/96910/focus=96961

There are other similar approaches: Scholarly HTML and RASH.
This is a nice comparison: https://essepuntato.github.io/papers/rash-peerj2016.html#sec_related_works

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-27 17:55 UTC | newest]