* keeping text at column 0
@ 2015-01-06 13:15 Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2015-01-06 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

How can I keep my text at column 0 even when demoting a subtree?

In this simple example

* test
text

demoting the tree results in

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8-
** test
 text
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8-

while I'd prefer

** test
text

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

* Re: keeping text at column 0
@ 2015-01-06 13:53 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-01-06 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Leha wrote:
> How can I keep my text at column 0 even when demoting a subtree?
>
> In this simple example
>
> * test
> text
>
> demoting the tree results in
>
> ** test
>  text
>
> while I'd prefer
>
> ** test
> text

Don't adapt indentation to outline node level:

  (setq org-adapt-indentation nil)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: keeping text at column 0
@ 2015-01-06 15:43   ` Andreas Leha
From: Andreas Leha @ 2015-01-06 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com> writes:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Leha wrote:
>> How can I keep my text at column 0 even when demoting a subtree?
>>
>> In this simple example
>>
>> * test
>> text
>>
>> demoting the tree results in
>>
>> ** test
>>  text
>>
>> while I'd prefer
>>
>> ** test
>> text
>
> Don't adapt indentation to outline node level:
>
>   (setq org-adapt-indentation nil)
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Thanks!  Works like a charm.