From: Martin Leduc <ldcmrtn@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Tags management strategies
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 15:20:41 -0400	[thread overview]

On 05/17/2016 08:23 AM, Karl Voit wrote:
> David Weinberger
Hi Karl,

Thank you so much for these interesting resources. I've read your
technique for tagging files and folders and must admit that it's quite
impressing. I would love to implement such kind of a system one day
along with my GTD set-up, but I'm unfortunately lacking time for such a
project at the moment.

I found your suggestion of using file-specific tags very interesting
because it simplifies a lot of things. For example, rather than using
grouptags in a global list, I can use file-specific tags. That way each
file can represent a specific context, with a group of tags associated
with it. Used along with capture templates, this can become powerful, as
I can press C-q and then TAB to display an ordered list of all tags
related to that context.

Using file-specific tags allowed me to simplify my org-tag-alist to 5
tags (HOME,WORK,MAIL,CALL,READ), which can be added to any file-specific
list without any problems since, as you said, context-related lists of
tags overlap rather vaguely.

David Weinberger's book seems interesting. This is in agreement with
Samuel Wales suggestion (see the other response to my first post) to
make an extensive use of regexp searches (I need to invest some time for
this).

At first I thought I was asking a simple and naive question about tags.
Thanks for opening this interesting Pandora's box.

Martin