* org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-17 10:04 Martin Gross
From: Martin Gross @ 2014-11-17 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear helpers,

I really like the idea of having an address book based on org-mode,
but I don‘t understand why org-contacts searches case sensitive,
because at least to me this makes it more difficult to find what I am
looking for (I‘am searching an entry about a conference.  But how did
I write "conference"?).

There is an old thread, where this point is shortly discussed, at

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-06/msg00676.html

but I already (setq case-fold-search t) and it has no effect.  Is
really the solution related to this function?  What else could I
change?

I‘am usung Emacs 24.3.1 Orgmode 7.9.2.

Thank you very much in advance!

Martin

* Re: org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-17 10:34 ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-11-17 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Gross; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 2014-11-17 11:04 Martin Gross wrote:
> Dear helpers,
>
> I really like the idea of having an address book based on org-mode,
> but I don‘t understand why org-contacts searches case sensitive,
> because at least to me this makes it more difficult to find what I am
> looking for (I‘am searching an entry about a conference. But how did
> I write "conference"?).

[...]

> I‘am usung Emacs 24.3.1 Orgmode 7.9.2.

I am on Org-mode version 8.3beta and my org-contacts search is case
insensitive. I have no customization related to case sensitivity in my
configuration.

HTH,
--
Alexander Baier

* Re: org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-17 11:37 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-11-17 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Martin Gross <m-gross@gmx.net> wrote:

> Dear helpers,
>
> I really like the idea of having an address book based on org-mode,
> but I don=E2=80=98t understand why org-contacts searches case sensitive,
> because at least to me this makes it more difficult to find what I am
> looking for (I=E2=80=98am searching an entry about a conference.  But how d=
> id
> I write "conference"?).

I have no clue what org-contacts provides in this direction anyway
because I end up using org-sparse-tree + regexp to look for entries.
And recently, I discovered helm-do-grep which I enjoy using very
much :-)

* Re: org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-17 11:52   ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-11-17 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: Karl Voit, emacs-orgmode

On 2014-11-17 12:37 Karl Voit wrote:
> * Martin Gross <m-gross@gmx.net> wrote:
> And recently, I discovered helm-do-grep which I enjoy using very
> much :-)

You might want to take a look at helm-org-headlines, if you only search
for names.

Alexander Baier

* Re: org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-17 12:24     ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-11-17 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> wrote:
> On 2014-11-17 12:37 Karl Voit wrote:
>> * Martin Gross <m-gross@gmx.net> wrote:
>> And recently, I discovered helm-do-grep which I enjoy using very
>> much :-)
>
> You might want to take a look at helm-org-headlines, if you only search
> for names.

"helm-org-keywords: Helm-org-keyword not supported in 24.3.1"

Will do after I switched to Emacs 24.x :-)

* Re: org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-17 14:28       ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-11-17 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: Karl Voit, emacs-orgmode

On 2014-11-17 13:24 Karl Voit wrote:
> * Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> wrote:
>> On 2014-11-17 12:37 Karl Voit wrote:
>>> * Martin Gross <m-gross@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> And recently, I discovered helm-do-grep which I enjoy using very
>>> much :-)
>>
>> You might want to take a look at helm-org-headlines, if you only search
>> for names.
>
> "helm-org-keywords: Helm-org-keyword not supported in 24.3.1"
>
> Will do after I switched to Emacs 24.x :-)

I am no helm expert (far from it), but are you sure you called
helm-org-headlines and not helm-org-keyword?

Alexander Baier

* Re: org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-17 14:33         ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2014-11-17 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> wrote:
> On 2014-11-17 13:24 Karl Voit wrote:
>> * Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> You might want to take a look at helm-org-headlines, if you only search
>>> for names.
>>
>> "helm-org-keywords: Helm-org-keyword not supported in 24.3.1"
>>
>> Will do after I switched to Emacs 24.x :-)
>
> I am no helm expert (far from it), but are you sure you called
> helm-org-headlines and not helm-org-keyword?

Hehe. My fault.

Typed in helm-org- TAB, found helm-org-keyword more interesting to
try out and ended up with that message and forgot that you suggested
me a different command :-)

Thanks for the tipp, helm-org-headlines works pretty well and is a
win for my daily Org!

* Re: org-contacts search case insensitive
@ 2014-11-18 11:26   ` Martin Gross
From: Martin Gross @ 2014-11-18 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org