* bug#23765: 24.5; exco-calendar-show-day calls user-error if org-startup-with-latex-preview
       [not found] <m2wplshllw.fsf@bos-mpeve.kendall.corp.akamai.com>
@ 2016-06-15  2:24 ` Thomas Fitzsimmons
       [not found]   ` <63FD6454-A1BC-4B68-88BD-5F99F2C89A63@akamai.com>
From: Thomas Fitzsimmons @ 2016-06-15  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian T. Sniffen; +Cc: 23765

Hi Brian,

"Brian T. Sniffen" <bsniffen@akamai.com> writes:

> With org-startup-with-latex-preview set to non-nil, M-x excorporate, work
> through autoconfiguration, then M-x calendar.  Hit 'e'.  Get told
> "user-error: Can't preview LaTeX fragment in a non-file buffer".
>
> Unset org-startup-with-latex-preview, then go back to calendar and hit
> 'e'.  See pretty org-mode calendar.

Thanks for the report.  I just pushed a fix, in Excorporate 0.7.4.  It
should hit GNU ELPA overnight.  Can you update and confirm it fixes the
bug?

Thanks,
Thomas

@ 2016-06-17  2:13     ` Thomas Fitzsimmons
From: Thomas Fitzsimmons @ 2016-06-17  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sniffen, Brian; +Cc: 23765-done

"Sniffen, Brian" <bsniffen@akamai.com> writes:

> ˘
>> On Jun 14, 2016, at 10:24 PM, Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim@fitzsim.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> "Brian T. Sniffen" <bsniffen@akamai.com> writes:
>>
>>> With org-startup-with-latex-preview set to non-nil, M-x excorporate, work
>>> through autoconfiguration, then M-x calendar.  Hit 'e'.  Get told
>>> "user-error: Can't preview LaTeX fragment in a non-file buffer".
>>>
>>> Unset org-startup-with-latex-preview, then go back to calendar and hit
>>> 'e'.  See pretty org-mode calendar.
>>
>> Thanks for the report.  I just pushed a fix, in Excorporate 0.7.4.  It
>> should hit GNU ELPA overnight.  Can you update and confirm it fixes the
>> bug?
>
> That works.

I noticed that with the fix, C-x s (save-some-buffers) always prompts
about *Excorporate*.  I pushed 0.7.5 to prevent that (while still fixing
your issue).  I'm marking this bug report as "done".

> Thanks for the great software; I’m excited about having one command to
> predict where I am, get the invitees, tell my phone to dial in, and
> give me a buffer for notes.

Sounds good; a feature I have planned (retrieve message body) should
help with some of these.

Thomas