* How to export =\'= as a table entry in latex
@ 2010-09-19 14:29 zwz
From: zwz @ 2010-09-19 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Those days when I was preparing a presentation about the special chars
that starts with a =\= in C programming language, I made such a table

| \' | signle quote |
| \" | double quote |

It did not work after I hit C-c C-e p.

So I modified it as
| =\'= | signle quote |
| =\"= | double quote |

Still it did not produce the right thing.

Does anyone have a workaround?

* Re: How to export =\'= as a table entry in latex
@ 2010-09-20 11:26 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2010-09-20 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

zwz <zhangweize@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,   zwz

> Those days when I was preparing a presentation about the special chars
> that starts with a =\= in C programming language, I made such a table
>
> | \' | signle quote |
> | \" | double quote |

what about

| \backslash ' | quote |
| \setminus "  | double |

choose the one that suits you better.

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: How to export =\'= as a table entry in latex
@ 2010-09-28 16:52 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-09-28 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zwz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 19, 2010, at 4:29 PM, zwz wrote:

> Those days when I was preparing a presentation about the special chars
> that starts with a =\= in C programming language, I made such a table
>
> | \' | signle quote |
> | \" | double quote |
>
> It did not work after I hit C-c C-e p.
>
> So I modified it as
> | =\'= | signle quote |
> | =\"= | double quote |
>
> Still it did not produce the right thing.

This was at first puzzling, because you did exactly the right thing.

The reason why it is not working is that quotes cannot be last
in an emphasis string.  I do not remember the reason for this
I am sure there was one at some point.

What you can do is this:  Customize the variable org-emphasis-regexp-
components and remove

   \"

and

   '

from the third element in that variable.

The your second version above should work.

- Carsten

* Re: How to export =\'= as a table entry in latex
@ 2010-09-29  8:26   ` zwz
From: zwz @ 2010-09-29  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Sep 19, 2010, at 4:29 PM, zwz wrote:
>
>> Those days when I was preparing a presentation about the special chars
>> that starts with a =\= in C programming language, I made such a table
>>
>> | \' | signle quote |
>> | \" | double quote |
>>
>> It did not work after I hit C-c C-e p.
>>
>> So I modified it as
>> | =\'= | signle quote |
>> | =\"= | double quote |
>>
>> Still it did not produce the right thing.
>
> This was at first puzzling, because you did exactly the right thing.
>
> The reason why it is not working is that quotes cannot be last
> in an emphasis string.  I do not remember the reason for this
> I am sure there was one at some point.
>
> What you can do is this:  Customize the variable org-emphasis-regexp-
> components and remove
>
>   \"
>
> and
>
>   '
>
> from the third element in that variable.
>
> The your second version above should work.
>
> - Carsten

Thanks for your instructions.
And yes, it puzzled me a lot.
Maybe there should be an easier workaround, e.g. by #+OPTIONS.