* Holidays command
@ 2009-10-15 11:50 Robin Green
From: Robin Green @ 2009-10-15 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I tried using the H key in the agenda to see what it did, and got this
error message:

org-agenda-execute-calendar-command: Wrong type argument: commandp,
list-calendar-holidays

I'm using org-mode 6.31.

--
Robin

* Re: Holidays command
@ 2009-10-15 12:26 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-10-15 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Robin Green

--- Gio 15/10/09, Robin Green <greenrd@greenrd.org> ha scritto:
Hi, Robin

> I tried using the H key in the agenda
> to see what it did, and got this
> error message:
>
> org-agenda-execute-calendar-command: Wrong type argument:
> commandp,
> list-calendar-holidays
>
> I'm using org-mode 6.31.

I think you did not activate the calendar-diary integration
as suggested in the manual:

10.3.1 The weekly/daily agenda

(setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

did you?

Please, read the entire subsection and
consider /not/ doing that ;-)

cheers,

Giovanni

* Re: Holidays command
@ 2009-10-15 14:01   ` Robin Green
From: Robin Green @ 2009-10-15 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At Thu, 15 Oct 2009 05:26:01 -0700 (PDT),
Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
> I think you did not activate the calendar-diary integration
> as suggested in the manual:
>
> 10.3.1 The weekly/daily agenda
>
> (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)
>
> did you?

Fair enough, I didn't. But I think a more user-friendly error
message should be shown. It's normal to want to explore a
program in this way.
--
Robin

* Re: Re: Holidays command
@ 2009-10-15 14:36     ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-10-15 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Robin Green

--- Gio 15/10/09, Robin Green <greenrd@greenrd.org> ha scritto:
> At Thu, 15 Oct 2009 05:26:01 -0700 (PDT),
> Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
> > I think you did not activate the calendar-diary
> > integration
>
> Fair enough, I didn't. But I think a more user-friendly
> error
> message should be shown.

I think that Carsten will be only happy if a
patch is provided. <hint> :-)

> It's normal to want to explore a
> program in this way.

Well I think that everything depends on the
idea of 'normality' that everyone has. ;-)

In my opinion it is normal  ;-)
to read the manual *before* playing with a software.
  Or it is normal /at least/ to search the manual,
when an error occurs, before asking to the ml.

This was my normal ;-) way, when I skimmed
the manual to answer to your question:

C-h i         (to get the info manual)
C-s Org-mod    (to jump to Org-mode manual)  [1]
RET
C-s hol       6 times until I reached the word
              "holiday" in ch 10.3.1

   [1] this could be avoided with
       (info (org-mode)) C-x C-e

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: Holidays command
@ 2009-10-15 15:38     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-10-15 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robin Green; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Robin Green <greenrd@greenrd.org> writes:

> At Thu, 15 Oct 2009 05:26:01 -0700 (PDT),
> Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
>> I think you did not activate the calendar-diary integration
>> as suggested in the manual:
>>
>> 10.3.1 The weekly/daily agenda
>>
>> (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)
>>
>> did you?
>
> Fair enough, I didn't. But I think a more user-friendly error
> message should be shown. It's normal to want to explore a
> program in this way.

I have org-agenda-include-diary nil and H still works for me in the
agenda.  Can you provide a backtrace of the error?

-Bernt