* fontification of blocks inside blocks
@ 2014-02-27  7:38 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-02-27  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've just had to write an org block inside another org block, which
looks like this:

#+attr_latex: :options {0.5\textwidth}
#+begin_column
#+begin_src ocaml
let o1 = object
	method m = 0
	method p = "foo"
end;;
#+end_src
#+end_column

Unfortunately when I do so I lose the nice fontification of the ocaml
code inside the inner block. Is there a way to get it back?

Now for why I'm doing this and not using the usual headline with a
"column" property: I want to put a vertical bar between the columns, so
I need a "\vrule" after the first column is closed. Using headlines does
not let me write anything between the columns.

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: fontification of blocks inside blocks
@ 2014-03-13 15:20 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-13 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Alan,

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I've just had to write an org block inside another org block, which
> looks like this:
>
> #+attr_latex: :options {0.5\textwidth}
> #+begin_column
> #+begin_src ocaml
> let o1 = object
> 	method m = 0
> 	method p = "foo"
> end;;
> #+end_src
> #+end_column
>
> Unfortunately when I do so I lose the nice fontification of the ocaml
> code inside the inner block. Is there a way to get it back?

Well, that's a long awaited ... "no".

I guess it would somehow make sense, but the fontification engine is
complex enough not to try to implement such nested fontification.
But maybe some Emacs angel can pass by and implement this.

--
 Bastien

* Re: fontification of blocks inside blocks
@ 2014-03-14 12:09   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-03-14 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:
>
>> I've just had to write an org block inside another org block, which
>> looks like this:
>>
>> #+attr_latex: :options {0.5\textwidth}
>> #+begin_column
>> #+begin_src ocaml
>> let o1 = object
>> 	method m = 0
>> 	method p = "foo"
>> end;;
>> #+end_src
>> #+end_column
>>
>> Unfortunately when I do so I lose the nice fontification of the ocaml
>> code inside the inner block. Is there a way to get it back?
>
> Well, that's a long awaited ... "no".
>
> I guess it would somehow make sense, but the fontification engine is
> complex enough not to try to implement such nested fontification.
> But maybe some Emacs angel can pass by and implement this.

I can definitely live with this ;-) Thanks for the answer.

Alan