* single file export in HTML (as easy as PDF) (well, almost)
@ 2016-10-23 17:26 Thierry Banel
From: Thierry Banel @ 2016-10-23 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

A single, nicely packaged, PDF file, easy to distribute:this is one of
the appealing features of PDF export.

But actually, this can be achieved in HTML, out-of-the-box with Org Mode
and Firefox.

My recipe:

- Write your book in Org Mode, with any content you want:
  + tables, headers, bullet lists, whatever
  + PNG or SVG images (file:myimage.svg)
  + Ditaa    (#+begin_src ditaa :file myditaa.png)
  + Gnuplot  (#+begin_src gnuplot :file mygnuplot.svg)
  + GraphViz (#+begin_src dot :file mygraphviz.png)
  + MathJax  (#+html_mathjax: align: left) ($$\sqrt{x+1}$$)

- Add HTML formatting (optional)
  + CSS to customize fonts, colors, sizes, layout
    (#+html:<link rel="stylesheet" href="my.css"/>)
  + InfoJS to expand-collapse in the browser as in Org Mode
    (#+infojs_opt: view:info toc:nil ...)

- Export & package to a single file
  + C-c C-e h h
  + zip the whole directory to mybook.zip
    (along with SVG, PNG images, CSS style-sheets, JS)

- Distribute your book
  + send mybook.zip to your friends and colleagues
  + ask them to point their Firefox to
    jar:file://mybook.zip!/mybook/mybook.html

The magic Firefox feature is the jar-bang trick which allows browsing
within a ZIP.

If someone knows a less cryptic syntax, it would be great.Also, this
trick only works in Firefox. Is there something similar in other browsers?

Have fun
TB

* Re: single file export in HTML (as easy as PDF) (well, almost)
@ 2016-10-23 18:23 ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2016-10-23 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Banel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

In my experience pdf2htmlEX successfully converts any PDF to a single HTML file.

  -k.

Please excuse brevity. Sent from pocket computer with tiny non-haptic feedback keyboard.

@ 2016-10-23 19:25   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2016-10-23 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: Thierry Banel, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Ken Mankoff writes:

> In my experience pdf2htmlEX successfully converts any PDF to a single HTML file.
>
>   -k.

Wow.  Thanks!

All the best,
Tom