* auto export via git hook
@ 2009-09-03  9:26 andrea crotti
From: andrea crotti @ 2009-09-03  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to automatically export to html or something else in my pre-
commit hook with git, I tried many things but I always get the same
error

mbpro:rt-simulate andrea$ cat .git/hooks/pre-commit.bak
emacs --batch --load=$HOME/.emacs.d/org-mode/org.el --eval "(setq org-
export-headline-levels 2)" --visit=README.org --funcall org-export-as-
html-batch

mbpro:rt-simulate andrea$ sh .git/hooks/pre-commit.bak
Cannot open load file: org-macs
org-macs is a library which is situated ~/.emacs.d/org-mode which
should be automatically in the load path (not using --quiet), so what
could be the problem?

Thanks again

* Re: auto export via git hook
@ 2009-09-03 14:04 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-09-03 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrea crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

andrea crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to automatically export to html or something else in my pre-
> commit hook with git, I tried many things but I always get the same
> error
>
> mbpro:rt-simulate andrea$ cat .git/hooks/pre-commit.bak
> emacs --batch --load=$HOME/.emacs.d/org-mode/org.el --eval "(setq org-
> export-headline-levels 2)" --visit=README.org --funcall org-export-as-
> html-batch
>
> mbpro:rt-simulate andrea$ sh .git/hooks/pre-commit.bak
> Cannot open load file: org-macs
> org-macs is a library which is situated ~/.emacs.d/org-mode which
> should be automatically in the load path (not using --quiet), so what
> could be the problem?

See the following thread in the mail list archive:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/17059

Basically, --batch implies -q, so you have to do any initialization
(including setting the load-path) as part of the invocation.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: auto export via git hook
@ 2009-09-04 11:28   ` andrea crotti
From: andrea crotti @ 2009-09-04 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> andrea crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> See the following thread in the mail list archive:
>
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/17059
>
> Basically, --batch implies -q, so you have to do any initialization
> (including setting the load-path) as part of the invocation.

Ok thanks I understood the problem but I still didn't solve it, now with
this
emacs --batch \
--load=$HOME/.emacs.d/init.el \
--load=$HOME/.emacs.d/org-mode/org.elc \
--eval "(setq org-export-headline-levels 2)" \
--visit=README.org --funcall org-export-as-html-batch

I get:
.git/hooks/pre-commit.bak
Invalid function: charset-iso-final-char

which is "charset-iso-final-char is a compiled Lisp function in
`mule.el'."

But I also suspect that init.el is not loaded, it's too fast...
any help?

* Re: Re: auto export via git hook
@ 2009-09-04 11:53     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-09-04 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrea crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

andrea crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I also suspect that init.el is not loaded, it's too fast...
> any help?

Add

        (message "init.el loaded")

at the end of init.el - it should appear on stdout.

Nick