* var `date' lacks a prefix warnings
@ 2012-04-27 13:04 Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2012-04-27 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Regarding the remaining Org-mode `lacks a prefix' warnings and
particularly in light of the recent message on emacs.devel [1] would it
not be sufficient to simply alias date and entry locally:

(defvaralias 'org--date 'date)
(defvaralias 'org--entry 'entry)

Presumably this would be backwardly-compatible, and given a subsequent
name change in diary-lib.el a very simple integration test could catch
that very quickly.

If I get a positive response I can perhaps look at a patch and tests,
but if my understanding is amiss I will appreciate the heads-up.

Best, Martyn

p.s. I should point out that my personal view is that a serious well
maintained Emacs library such as Org-mode should have a zero warning
policy for official releases.

Footnotes:
[1]  From: Chong Yidong <cyd@gnu.org>
     Subject: Evil defvars in org.el