* Is Worg updating?
@ 2015-08-22 19:11 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-08-22 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

I recently pushed a change to the Babel languages table on Worg, but it
doesn't show up.  Magit didn't complain about the push, so I'm thinking
Worg might not be updating?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Is Worg updating?
@ 2015-08-22 19:29 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-08-22 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thomas S. Dye writes:
> I recently pushed a change to the Babel languages table on Worg, but it
> doesn't show up.  Magit didn't complain about the push, so I'm thinking
> Worg might not be updating?

Press $ in the magit buffer to see what the post-commit hook sent back.

BTW, looking at the footnote you edited, it seems I should remind
everyone of the proper way to deal with contrib/

http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html#sec-4-1-2

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html

* Re: Is Worg updating?
@ 2015-08-22 20:12   ` David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2015-08-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I found that "proper" way while recently updating my own org install.
However, I did notice "ob-ditaa" is part of the org package now, but it
seems to point to $EMACS_PATH/contrib/scripts.

Did I miss some instruction as to how/where to specify the installation
of "contrib/scripts/{files}" via the /make install/ general method?

Thanks!

P.S. My current solution was to manually copy it.

On 08/22/2015 12:29 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>> I recently pushed a change to the Babel languages table on Worg, but it
>> doesn't show up.  Magit didn't complain about the push, so I'm thinking
>> Worg might not be updating?
> Press $ in the magit buffer to see what the post-commit hook sent back.
>
> BTW, looking at the footnote you edited, it seems I should remind
> everyone of the proper way to deal with contrib/
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html#sec-4-1-2
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

* Re: Is Worg updating?
@ 2015-08-22 21:01   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-08-22 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>> I recently pushed a change to the Babel languages table on Worg, but it
>> doesn't show up.  Magit didn't complain about the push, so I'm thinking
>> Worg might not be updating?
>
> Press $ in the magit buffer to see what the post-commit hook sent back.

Unfortunately, the magit process buffer disappeared when I restarted
emacs to register the fake org package.

> BTW, looking at the footnote you edited, it seems I should remind
> everyone of the proper way to deal with contrib/
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html#sec-4-1-2

Let's add this link to the footnote, then.  I don't understand the
implications of including selected contrib files in the installation
using the build system.  Is it the case that using this process means
that it is possible to use org-babel-do-load-languages to load, e.g.,
ob-oz, which is in contrib?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Is Worg updating?
@ 2015-08-22 21:05     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-08-22 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thomas S. Dye writes:
> Let's add this link to the footnote, then.  I don't understand the
> implications of including selected contrib files in the installation
> using the build system.  Is it the case that using this process means
> that it is possible to use org-babel-do-load-languages to load, e.g.,
> ob-oz, which is in contrib?

Yes, these files get installed like all the other in-core files and you
shouldn't need to set up anything special as long as there are no
further external dependencies (which you would need to deal with by
customization initially).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Is Worg updating?
@ 2015-08-22 21:29       ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-08-22 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye writes:
>> Let's add this link to the footnote, then.  I don't understand the
>> implications of including selected contrib files in the installation
>> using the build system.  Is it the case that using this process means
>> that it is possible to use org-babel-do-load-languages to load, e.g.,
>> ob-oz, which is in contrib?
>
> Yes, these files get installed like all the other in-core files and you
> shouldn't need to set up anything special as long as there are no
> further external dependencies (which you would need to deal with by
> customization initially).

Done.  Thanks.

All the best,
Tom