* analog of org-latex-prefer-user-labels for html?
@ 2016-11-06 21:37 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2016-11-06 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all,

I noticed there seems to have been a change in html export with labels.

In the past, I feel like a table like this:

#+CAPTION: Hello World
#+NAME: tab:hello
| Hello | World |
|-------+-------|
|     1 |     2 |

would be exported with an id of tab:hello that you could use in a link
to jump to it.

Now (with org9) I see something like: <table id="org713aa7e"... which I
do not know how to link to. It seems like we need

org-html-prefer-user-labels

to make that happen. Is there another way to do that?

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: analog of org-latex-prefer-user-labels for html?
@ 2016-11-06 22:06 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-06 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: org mode

Hello,

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I noticed there seems to have been a change in html export with labels.
>
> In the past, I feel like a table like this:
>
> #+CAPTION: Hello World
> #+NAME: tab:hello
>
> | Hello | World |
> |-------+-------|
> |     1 |     2 |
>
> would be exported with an id of tab:hello that you could use in a link
> to jump to it.
>
> Now (with org9) I see something like: <table id="org713aa7e"... which I
> do not know how to link to.

<<tab:hello>> creates a link to the table above.

> It seems like we need
>
> org-html-prefer-user-labels
>
> to make that happen.

I suggested it a couple of times already, but it seems no one
volunteered so far to implement it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: analog of org-latex-prefer-user-labels for html?
@ 2016-11-06 22:10   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-11-06 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: org mode

Correcting myself,

> <<tab:hello>> creates a link to the table above.

[[tab:hello]] does.

* Re: analog of org-latex-prefer-user-labels for html?
@ 2016-11-06 23:46   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2016-11-06 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: org mode

Thanks for confirming it (and the subsequent correction).

I will keep it in mind for a between semester project. I am still
org-9ifying org-ref ;) For now I have an advice function that seems to
solve the issue I had (org-ref ref links were not working).

Thanks for the quick reply.