* line numbers in org src blocks?
@ 2015-10-12 20:25 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-10-12 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know if it is possible to get line numbering only in code
blocks in an org-file?

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: line numbers in org src blocks?
@ 2015-10-13  5:04 ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-10-13  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would also love something like that

best

@ 2015-10-13 10:23 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-10-13 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Kitchin <jkitchin <at> andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to get line numbering only in code
> blocks in an org-file?

When exporting? Or in the buffer? If the latter, I don't know. If the
former, -n does that but it is position-sensitive I think:

* A code block for exporting with line number

#+BEGIN_SRC python -n :exports code
import sys

sys.exit(0)

#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE -n
import sys

sys.exit(0)
#+END_EXAMPLE

works, but putting it at the end of the BEGIN_SRC line does not.

See

  (info "(org) Literal examples")

for more.
--
Nick

* Re: line numbers in org src blocks?
@ 2015-10-13 13:10   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-10-13 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I meant in the org-file buffer. The numbers in export are pretty straightforward.

I made a partial solution here:

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/10/13/Line-numbers-in-org-mode-code-blocks/

It works pretty well I think.