* org-mac-iCal.el error
@ 2016-10-20 19:06 Rónán Kennedy
From: Rónán Kennedy @ 2016-10-20 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all

I am relatively new to Emacs. I am using version 25.1 on MacOS 10.11.6. I would like to export all of the diary entries from the OS Calendar app into a format that org-mode can parse. I want this to be one way - I will continue to maintain my diary in the OS X app, but want to integrate diary entries with org-mode tasks. I am trying to do this with org-mac-iCal.el from http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-mac-iCal.html and am encountering an error.

I have put the following commands into my .emacs file:

(load-file "~/Dropbox/Emacs/org-mac-iCal.el")
(setq diary-file "~/Dropbox/Notebooks/Projects/Diary.txt")
(require 'org-mac-iCal)
(setq org-modules "~/Dropbox/Emacs/")
(add-to-list 'org-modules 'org-mac-iCal)
(setq org-agenda-include-diary t)
(org-mac-iCal)

I get the following error on startup:

Symbol's function definition is void: org-pop-to-buffer-same-window

If anyone could help me to figure this out, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks

Rónán

* Re: org-mac-iCal.el error
@ 2016-10-22 10:10 ` Charles A. Roelli
From: Charles A. Roelli @ 2016-10-22 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rónán Kennedy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

It might help to add `(require 'org)' before the code block, since the
code in org-mac-iCal depends on some functions that are part of Org
mode.

You should also make sure that calling org-mac-iCal (in the last line of
the code block) is really what you want, since this would be called
every time you start up Emacs.  According to the documentation it
overwrites the diary file.  If you don't want this, you can type "M-x
org-mac-iCal" instead.

Cheers,
Charles